Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike is garbage

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Ike is garbage

Ike is a great corner who had a horrible game. My complaint is he was clearly struggling and as far as I can see - we made no adjustments to help him out. That last play we had him completely naked and alone in one on one. Just a horrible defensive call from lebeau.

here's something to consider. I'm not making excuses for Ike as he clearly had a bad game - but when we rushed 3, Tebow had all day to make plays. several times the broncos rushed 3 and Ben was getting sacked, hit, ball knocked out of his hands etc.

That's where the problems really started.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Ike didn't have his best game. Pass rush didn't give him much help. That last play wasn't necessarily on him. The coaches sold out to stop the run and didn't leave any help in the middle of the field. That's a very difficult play to defend for any CB.
    The last play was his worst of the day; he played outside technique knowing he didn't have any help in the middle of the field. The receiver ran a simple post and with Ike on his outside was open the moment he made his cut into the middle of the field, too easy.

Of course, as poorly as Troy played today, maybe Troy was supposed to cover the deep middle, but decided to try and make a splash play and left Ike high and dry. One of them or both of them made a big mistake on that play.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Ike didn't have his best game. Pass rush didn't give him much help. That last play wasn't necessarily on him. The coaches sold out to stop the run and didn't leave any help in the middle of the field. That's a very difficult play to defend for any CB.
    The last play was his worst of the day; he played outside technique knowing he didn't have any help in the middle of the field. The receiver ran a simple post and with Ike on his outside was open the moment he made his cut into the middle of the field, too easy.

Of course, as poorly as Troy played today, maybe Troy was supposed to cover the deep middle, but decided to try and make a splash play and left Ike high and dry. One of them or both of them made a big mistake on that play.

Pappy
    troy took away the receiver on the other side where he was lined up

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy

Pappy I think mundy was supposed to give inside help but he oversold the fake blitz and was out of position. I think Ryan Clark makes that stop. Still have to pin it on Ike however.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    Ike is a great corner who had a horrible game. My complaint is he was clearly struggling and as far as I can see - we made no adjustments to help him out. That last play we had him completely naked and alone in one on one. Just a horrible defensive call from lebeau.

here's something to consider. I'm not making excuses for Ike as he clearly had a bad game - but when we rushed 3, Tebow had all day to make plays. several times the broncos rushed 3 and Ben was getting sacked, hit, ball knocked out of his hands etc.

Great? Are you kidding me? He is decent at best. He is really in my opionion a solid #2. But he is not great by any means. 9 years in the league and has a total of 13 INT's. That alone is far from great.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

He has always sucked. Why are we surprised?? Now the world knows. He was exposed big time today. Swagger.......LOL

OldSteelerFan

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone remember the last horrible game Ike had was against the Broncos several years back when he got abused by Javon Walker for 3 TDs and got benched.

Maybe the Broncos are his kryptonite?

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe the altitude gives Ike a "rocky mountain high"?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For some reason, it does make me feel better that he stands in front of his humiliating performance (although, what else could he do?)

Looking at our CB's though, it's clear that they are some of the worst ball athletes collectively in the league. Think Asante Samuel. Think guys like Ronde Barber. Quick, reactive, fluid guys. Our guys may have the measurables, but they are some of the worst players of the ball in the league. (And sadly, I don't think young guys Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen are any more fluid when it comes to playing the ball.)
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter

All players have bad days, but that is where your defensive coordinator is suppose to make adjustments to help players succeed. Our "legend" was taking a nap all afternoon and made no adjustments whatsoever.

I blame Ike but equally blame LeBeau for putting his template in and refusing to adapt.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"