User Info Menu

Re: Ben and Lebeau

great comeback by batch

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    great comeback by batch
    Great clock management and two minute drill by Batch. Oooops...he never got a chance to play.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

surely him not playing was the difference in this game

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    Probably why Ben won't allow Tomlin or Airens to play him. We'll never know...
    Of course afterwards Ben could always say that due to injury he shouldn't have played. Similar to the SF game.

Surely you're not suggesting that Ben had a GOOD game yesterday?
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Steeler Shades]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":3hmxolbb
    Of course afterwards Ben could always say that due to injury he shouldn't have played. Similar to the SF game.

Surely you're not suggesting that Ben had a GOOD game yesterday?[/quote:3hmxolbb]

He or she may not be, but I will suggest that Ben had a good game yesterday. There were three incredibly easy drops that change the game significantly, a 7 yard YPA and 10 yard YPC, 1 TD and one pick and some sacks that were avoidable, but all in all a pretty good game. Not a great game, but a good game and certainly good enough to win yesterday.

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    No, Roethlisberger and Tomlin's overrated youth movement players are our undoing.
    "Youth movement"?" That is ridiculous. Our veterans can't freaking stay on the field.

Allow me to clarify. I mean the type of marginally talented, hardly productive at all at the collegiate level players that we have become so enamored with drafting since Tomlin arrived.
    What level do you suggest we draft from?

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=papillon]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":3hpaxadl

He or she may not be, but I will suggest that Ben had a good game yesterday. There were three incredibly easy drops that change the game significantly, a 7 yard YPA and 10 yard YPC, 1 TD and one pick and some sacks that were avoidable, but all in all a pretty good game. Not a great game, but a good game and certainly good enough to win yesterday.

Pappy[/quote:3hpaxadl]

$

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=papillon]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":3le67wtr

Pappy[/quote:3le67wtr]

gonna have to disagree with you Pappy. Ben did not have the best game. Go back and rewatch the game. More than several times he locked in on players and missed some very wide open targets (saw both TE wide open on the pass to Wallace in the EZ). Not complaining, cause I know Ben's eyes are always downfield, but defenses know this now. Ben needs to learn to take what they are giving him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=NorthCoast]
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":mdnzi4nt

Pappy

gonna have to disagree with you Pappy. Ben did not have the best game. Go back and rewatch the game. More than several times he locked in on players and missed some very wide open targets (saw both TE wide open on the pass to Wallace in the EZ). Not complaining, cause I know Ben's eyes are always downfield, but defenses know this now. Ben needs to learn to take what they are giving him.[/quote:mdnzi4nt]

Ben played like crap in the 1st half and pretty darn good in the 2nd. Overall not to bad for being on the road. But once again, the overrated Steeler D can't get a stop when they need one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    No, Roethlisberger and Tomlin's overrated youth movement players are our undoing.
    "Youth movement"?" That is ridiculous. Our veterans can't freaking stay on the field.

Allow me to clarify. I mean the type of marginally talented, hardly productive at all at the collegiate level players that we have become so enamored with drafting since Tomlin arrived.
    Like Pouncey, Wallace, Woodley, Antonio Brown, and Mendenhall?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.