Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad/Sad News: Steelers Coach Badly Burned In Seven Fields...

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Bad/Sad News: Steelers Coach Badly Burned In Seven Field

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Again, just another element of the perfect storm that seems to be forming against us for this weekend. You could not script a believeable conspiracy novel with this many things going wrong for us at the worst possible time.

Football does not compare to a man's life. Prayers out to Wilson and his family.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Again, just another element of the perfect storm that seems to be forming against us for this weekend. You could not script a believeable conspiracy novel with this many things going wrong for us at the worst possible time.

I agree (although Wilson's life is much more significant obviously). This feels like a worst case scenario for the Steelers. I won't be shocked if more starters get hurt in the first quarter of the game on Sunday.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good Lord. What else can happen to us? I'm more concerned about Kirby of course, but WTF?

Conspiracy Theory - It was Ben. Pouncey, Mendy, Kirby all go down while Ben's gimpy. It'll only make him look more heroic at the end of the day. Throwing all over the Donks without any help or running game.

Get well Kirby. At least he lived. Geesh. I hate burns about as bad as cancer cause they're painful as heck.

Legend

User Info Menu

FRIDAY, JANUARY 06, 2012

posted by Dale Lolley

First and foremost today, my thoughts and bests wishes go out to Steelers running back coach Kirby Wilson who was burned in a fire in his home in Butler County early Friday morning.

According to sources, Wilson, 50, suffered burns on 30 to 50 percent of his body in the fire, which began in his kitchen.

Thankfully, the injuries are not considered life-threatening to Wilson, who has been with the Steelers since 2007.

[url="http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/"]http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

It's been almost 2 weeks, and he's still in critical condition (and it looks like the initial estimate of burns on 30% of his body was low).

Kirby Wilson still in critical condition
    Associated Press
    Updated: January 17, 2012, 6:43 PM ET

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers assistant coach Kirby Wilson remains in critical condition with burns on more than 45 percent of his body.

The team released a statement from Wilson's family on Tuesday saying the 50-year-old also suffered a smoke inhalation injury during the Jan. 6 fire at his townhouse in a northern Pittsburgh suburb.

Authorities say the fire broke out around 3 a.m. in the kitchen of Wilson's home in Seven Fields, about 30 minutes north of the city. Flames were visible to firefighters when they arrived on the scene. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

Wilson, in his fifth season with the Steelers, was airlifted to UPMC Mercy hospital, where he remains in the Trauma Burn Unit.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

TUESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2012

Kirby Wilson's family releases statement

The family of Steelers running back coach Kirby Wilson released this statement today:

“Mr. Kirby Wilson remains in critical condition in the Trauma Burn Center at UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh. In addition to burns sustained over 45 percent of his body, he has suffered a smoke inhalation injury and will require multiple operative procedures in the future.”

Wilson was burned in a fire in his home two weeks ago.

posted by Dale Lolley

[url="http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/"]http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha