Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stonio Again!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Stonio Again!!

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Anyone still missing Stupidio? The Jets are probably praying for a way to get rid of him.

The front office is right on the mark again with player decisions and knowing when and what trash to take out to the curb!!!!

Still waiting for the off season news that Stupidio gets popped for dope again!!!!!
    AB is developing nicely but uhhh yeah, I still miss Stupidio on the field...

Not sure why a story about Holmes trash talking on a team that encourages trash talking makes him a villain.

If your starting QB needs a back up to push him it's a problem.
    With the environment Ryan creates, it's no surprise players are lashing out.

Plus Santonio is a WR, and let's be honest -- they're all kinda diva-ish. Hell, we had reports that Wallace was moping because AB was getting the love.

And Sanchez is nothing much to talk about as a QB...

I've got to think that Tomlin can keep Santonio in check. And Santonio/Wallace/Brown/Sanders? Holy sheeeeeit, that offense...

I miss him. I think he might've been a difference maker this season.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He wasn't a difference maker for the Jets...

At least, not in a positive way...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    He wasn't a difference maker for the Jets...

At least, not in a positive way...
    2 years ago he won about 4 to 5 games for them down the stretch.

Jets tried to go pass happy and it failed this year because Sanchez is only good off of play action.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by williar
    Santonio's been gone for 2 years and people are still talking about him like he's still in a uniform. People can make all the jokes they want about him. But you know we wouldn't have made it to SB XLIII and won it without Holmes making plays. I will always be grateful to Holmes for his contributions to our success.
    And yet you have a vendetta against Ben, who apparently had nothing at all to do with that drive to win SBXLIII. Glad you are grateful to the guy we dumped (and now his second team can't stand him), but you are ready to replace the quarterback who leads us to the Super Bowl every other year.
    williar = teeceemadison. Pretty sure Ben must've gotten "close" to one of his gfs, friends, or family members. Dude's been on a monomaniacal anti-Ben vendetta for years.

Stonio is news because he's a recent ex-Steeler. It's not out of line to talk about players we've recently cut or traded. Still Steeler news IMO.

As I've said elsewhere, I'll always be grateful for his play as a Steeler. Also, as was already mentioned he was a big part of the Jets' success last year. However, at this point I'm really starting to think he might be the new Terrell Owens (it actually took me a minute to remember TO's name...and I think that's a good thing). Perhaps this is just more prevalent for WRs. However that doesn't mean we have to accept it. I prefer my Steelers to be primadonna-less.
    Oh' Great One! I am soooo disappointed in you! To listen to all of these blind, Ben-loving homers spew their undying love and support for Ben day in and day out, while chastising any remote, objectional point of view. For whatever reason, I thought you might have been a voice of reason... So. You're just a another one in sheep clothing...

And all due respect to teecee, mcee, youcee, rcee, joceee (sorry if I missed anyone) and any other current or former posters I have been mistaken for, SORRY!!! I ain't them.... Have a great day! Talk to you soon......

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Anyone still missing Stupidio? The Jets are probably praying for a way to get rid of him.

The front office is right on the mark again with player decisions and knowing when and what trash to take out to the curb!!!!

Still waiting for the off season news that Stupidio gets popped for dope again!!!!!
    AB is developing nicely but uhhh yeah, I still miss Stupidio on the field...

Not sure why a story about Holmes trash talking on a team that encourages trash talking makes him a villain.

If your starting QB needs a back up to push him it's a problem.
    We can disagree. Stupidio is like cancer. Some days you feel lots of pain other days you don't, but eventually it destroys you.

I don't miss Stupidio on the field! I don't miss him in Pittsburgh! I don't miss him in Allegheny County! I don't miss him in Pennsylvania!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LouSteel
    I've got to think that Tomlin can keep Santonio in check. And Santonio/Wallace/Brown/Sanders? Holy sheeeeeit, that offense...

I miss him. I think he might've been a difference maker this season.
    If we still had Holmes, we wouldn't have Brown (because the 5th rounder we got from the Jets was traded to Arizona for Bryant McFadden and a 6th rounder that we used to draft Brown). Would you trade Antonio Brown for Santonio Holmes, straight up, today? I sure wouldn't.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

miss him?? as we lost superbowl 45 without mustering any sort of a drive in the final 2 minutes. yes i did. i didnt really think about that 5th rounder we got for him at that point

that said, who wouldnt complain going from a QB like ben to stinkchez

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was it that Santonio was going for the money or knew the Steelers wouldn't give him his kind of asking price when his time was up or did he think the Steelers weren't happy with him ?

Anyway, I think a lot of Steeler player believe they are leaving for bigger and better realize that, not all that glitter is gold.

Santonio must bounce around in his head had he remained a Steeler he could have helped us win the 7th title.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Was it that Santonio was going for the money or knew the Steelers wouldn't give him his kind of asking price when his time was up or did he think the Steelers weren't happy with him ?

Anyway, I think a lot of Steeler player believe they are leaving for bigger and better realize that, not all that glitter is gold.

Santonio must bounce around in his head had he remained a Steeler he could have helped us win the 7th title.
    probably all 3...

I don't think Steeler players believe they are leaving for bigger and better places. I think most football players will change teams if they feel they can make more money somewhere else.

Football players know the Steelers are one of 5 or 6 teams who have the best chance to consistently make a run at a SB.

Santonio played a big part in our playoff run and SB win. He left for the Jets and had an immediate impact on their team and pretty much walked them into the playoffs last year and they made it to the AFCCG.

Holmes probably believes all he needs is a better QB to win a SB...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I'd be surprised if he cares. He seems like pure ego -- even during the last drive of the SB, he was taking valuable time to do his stupid first down celebration.