Thread: Just what the Doctor ordered!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just what the Doctor ordered!

3. Dont'a Hightower*, Alabama, ILB (6-4, 260): As a massive inside linebacker with exceptional instincts and awareness, Hightower wreaks havoc on between-tackle runs. His overwhelming size and power stops runners in their tracks, and they eventually shy away from his punishing hits. Although Hightower is limited in passing situations, his awareness and recognition allows him to stay around the ball and he isn't the liability most would suspect given his size.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824d4504/article/top-10-lbs-physicality-agility-common-among-nations-best"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... tions-best[/url]

This is my hope for the Steelers first round pick this coming draft. Seems to be a perfect fit. Plays in a 3-4, an ILB who is a run stuffer, and can fill the vacancy that will be left when Farrior retires. A Levon Kirkland type.

I'm hoping.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Just what the Doctor ordered!

To be a Kirk type he'll have to put on 80 pounds and improve in pass coverage.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    To be a Kirk type he'll have to put on 80 pounds and improve in pass coverage.
    True but when Kirkland first came up he wasnt the greatest in pass coverage. He improved over the years. And I think Hightower will as well.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I would love to have Hightower. I think the guy is the real deal. And I agree I believe he can get better in coverage.

I have 2 issues with this pic...and why I believe it won't happen.

1) It's no longer a running league...but this is a clear old school run stuffer.
    2) Tomlin likes lean, speedy, highly athletic LBrs. He wants them to be good at everything vs exceptional at one thing. This makes sense now that even teams like the Ravens are going to a higher percentage of passing...earlier...and often.

Just my 2 cents.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would be happy with Hightower or Vontaze Burfict in this spot...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I loved Kirk. He looked so bad a$$ when the team was wearing the black padding inside the helmet. As a Steeler fan in Toronto, I loved seeing him get those ints against the Buffalo. Great to rub it in with all the local Bills fans.

I still think taking away the run is important. Making teams one dimensional is a great way to win.