Thread: Pro Bowl snub.....Clark?

Legend

User Info Menu

Pro Bowl snub.....Clark?

I know that Ryan Clark is a whipping boy at times on this forum, but one pundit seems to think that he should have made the PB ahead of Eric Weddle.....

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82577d56/article/pats-hernandez-lions-stafford-among-biggest-pro-bowl-snubs?module=HP11_cp"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... le=HP11_cp[/url]

And I know the Steelers' Ryan Clark is never going to get the vote over Ed Reed because NFL people are conditioned to just accept Reed as the best free safety as an inevitability, like death and taxes. But Eric Weddle ahead of Clark? I’m just not seeing that.
    I still have not seen one thing written (I haven't been looking that hard and maybe a Steelers writer mentions it but anyway....) about Ike Taylor being left off of the list. I would take Pouncey off of the team in a heartbeat if it meant that Ike could get on. Pouncey IMO has not had a very good sophomore season while Ike has played lights out.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Pro Bowl snub.....Clark?

Clark? Snub? Not at all. He has had a solid season, but nowhere near Pro-Bowl caliber.

Clark in over Weddle? Hell no. Weddle is tied for the lead in the AFC with 7 ints.(that's 1 less than the entire Steelers secondary, btw). Ryan Clark has 1. And Weddle's range is significantly greater than Ryan Clark's.

So, no, minus the Black n' Gold glasses, Ryan Clark was not snubbed and doesn't belong in instead of Eric Weddle. And he certainly doesn't deserve to go ahead of Ed Reed. Nothing against RC, that's my dude. He has been a solid FS for the Steelers for quite a while now. But, he leaves a bit to be desired when it comes to coverage skills.

Rockon

Legend

User Info Menu

Adam Schefter also listed Clark among his initial list of snubs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    I still have not seen one thing written (I haven't been looking that hard and maybe a Steelers writer mentions it but anyway....) about Ike Taylor being left off of the list. I would take Pouncey off of the team in a heartbeat if it meant that Ike could get on. Pouncey IMO has not had a very good sophomore season while Ike has played lights out.
    I agree about Pouncey... he didn't do much to build this year, then got hurt again.

As for Ike, I think he's deserving. But he didn't play "lights out". He played his usual solid self, but lights out would've meant more picks this year, actually locking down more WRs--which he didn't do... just did his usual win-some, lose-some... which is fine, just it's not "lights out".

As for Clark... I'm a Clark fan (unlike many Steeler fans here)... but No.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just go replay the TD Vernon Davis of the 49ers got a couple of weeks ago and that will tell you all you need to know about Ryan Clark.

Ike Taylor should have made it.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

Although Im not as done on Clark as some, I don't think he had a PB year.

As for Ike T. he should have gotten a mention or some sort of reserve team nod. He does a great job for us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seems ironic that the corners taken , their teams might not even make it to the playoffs. I realize a player can be a pro bowler while, his team doesn't make it to the playoffs but, Ike has been guarding his section of island for years and with three Super Bowl trips to prove that he has gotten the job done year after year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I lost a bet with my wife. I said Ike would make the Pro Bowl and she just laughed. Ike played like a shut down corner in the beginning of the year but not lately. If we had been playing against some better QBs he would have been burnt quite a few times. Now I get to clean the bathrooms for the next month.

I've liked Ryan Clark since his first year here. He's not a superstar. I don't think he should be considered for the Pro Bowl. He's just one of those players who is the glue that holds this team together. Bret Keisel, Heath Miller and Ryan Clark are 3 players that teams need to win championships. You can sign all the stars you want but without players like these guys you don't win a thing. Just ask Dan Snyder who got rid of Clark for Adam Archeletta, a supposed superstar.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!