Thread: My Rant

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: My Rant

you seem thicked skin, you'll handle it

Legend

User Info Menu

Tell them sure they can , and you're sure they will think it only fair if you swap - they can borrow XYZ if you can get a free [heart surgery, tire rotation, tax preparation, etc.] - fill in the blank, whatever their job is, you want some of that for free.

If they're a polygamist, you might come out ahead in the deal!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    This isn't a rant and maybe it is but, I'm looking for some advice.

I own a construction company and friends, family etc are always asking to borrow my tools, equipment, trucks or whatever they can. I would like to put a stop to it. Don't get me wrong, I loan what I can but now it has to end.

Too many times they borrow stuff and I generally need to ask for it back, I need to pick it up or the stuff is returned broken. The trucks aren't much of an issue because only my employees are insured to use them.

Some of the stuff they want to borrow is expenseive, old and on its last leg and seems like the time I loan it out, it's the time I need that particular item.

I have one guy that annoys the heck out of me with wanting to borrow my bobcat/trailer/dump truck. I keep telling him " no " but, he comes in all the time for the cat or whatever he can borrow.

He's another contractor but yet, won't pony up for his own equipment.

I'm fed up with it so, I want the sign company to make me a sign that I can hang on the wall, behind my desk for when people walk in they can read it.

I was hoping you guys could think something up for me that will read kind of flowing along and get the point across.

Here's my sample write up:

Please do not request to borrow/rent any of my tools, equipment or trucks.
    I depend upon these items to run my business and make a living.
    Help the economy by purchasing your own tools/equipment or renting needed items at a rental business.

Or...............I have a young wife and old trucks, I don't need anyone throwing their rods in any of them.

Possibly, if you came here for tools, equipment or trucks you have mistaken me for a nice guy.
    If you don't ask to borrow my tools, I wont have to tell you NO!!!

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like both ! FF is right to the point but, SASF puts the shoe on the other foot.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have a young wife and old trucks, I don't need anyone throwing their rods in any of them.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>