Thread: AFC Playoff Scenarios????

Legend

User Info Menu

AFC Playoff Scenarios????

Anyone know if Cincy will know if they're in the playoffs when they kickoff?

Just curious if they could know that they're the 6 seed no matter what by 4:15 and could decide to rest their starters?

I'd selfishly like the Steelers to be the #5 seed so we get to see an extra game on the way to Lombardi #7.

Bring on #7!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: AFC Playoff Scenarios????

Cincinnati: Clinches wild-card spot with win or tie; OR NY Jets loss or tie and Oakland loss or tie; OR NY Jets loss or tie and Denver loss or tie

So, that would be a no because both Oak. and Den. play at 4
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Cool. So Oak and Denver will give Cincy something to play for. I wish all the games were at 1.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Cool. So Oak and Denver will give Cincy something to play for. I wish all the games were at 1.
    If the Jets lose at 1 then Cincy may play a little relaxed thinking DEn. or Oak. will lose
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    If the Jets lose at 1 then Cincy may play a little relaxed thinking DEn. or Oak. will lose
    I don't think that a team rests players or relaxes hoping that one of two teams will lose.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still can't believe the Bengal fans need to be bribed to see their team in the playoffs. I hope no fans go because that's just when the Bengals will knock the stuffing out of those birds.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I still can't believe the Bengal fans need to be bribed to see their team in the playoffs. I hope no fans go because that's just when the Bengals will knock the stuffing out of those birds.

FWIW, one of my Cincy-area friends was just telling me that while they support the Bengals, they think that Mike Brown has been screwing them and Hamilton county for too long. They don't want to do anything that will line his pockets even though they are proud of their Bengals.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    FWIW, one of my Cincy-area friends was just telling me that while they support the Bengals, they think that Mike Brown has been screwing them and Hamilton county for too long. They don't want to do anything that will line his pockets even though they are proud of their Bengals.
    Reminds me of a lot of Pittsburgh fan's attitudes towards the Bucs and their ownership.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Reminds me of a lot of Pittsburgh fan's attitudes towards the Bucs and their ownership.

United we stand