Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

Aside from a couple clever plays last night I didn't see anything that hasn't been played out over and over again the last 4 years. We are 10-4 so sometimes it has to be working. The Defense has only given up 20 points or less in all of our wins, so that could be a big reason why we are 10-4.

When BA is calling plays it seems that there is no rhyme to the reason. As if he doesnt know what he's doing, just calling plays, at best, according to yardage to go for a 1st. I've seen enough of this guy and more than ready to watch him leave.

It seems Ben could have benefitted from that pistol shotgun formation due to his ankle, but it wasnt used. Maybe they felt it wasnt necessary, that Ben was mobile enough.

Our offense has so many weapons, including Mendenhall if used correctly and we can only put up 3 points. Yea, Ben hurt had a lot to do with it, but we should have been able to score 21 points. Arizona dropped 21 on them last week.

Is BA the best this team can do? Could someone else make us an offensive power house?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could have sprinkled Dixon in with some kind of wildcat formation, to throw a new wrinkle but what does he do........ Pass 1million times when your QB is injured/inefficent. Changing personell with seconds left to go before halftime SHOULD ANSWER this question.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

BA may not be the whole problem, but he's the biggest part of it, IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

He isnt the whole problem, but he certainly doesn't help his players be the best they can be.

We need an OC that will take charge and put Ben in his place. Ben should have sat last night regardless of whether he "wanted" to play.

Backup

User Info Menu

WTF was BA doing for 10 days???

BA, MT, and Ben all agreed on this Game-plan???

The only plays I saw were...RUTFM, and 5-7 step drops!!

How about a reverse, or a screen, or anything different than
    RUTFM, and dropping Ben back for passes that aren't there.

Hines wasn't even targeted, let alone caught on stinking pass!

WTF is up with that...Hines still needs 10 catches for a 1000???

What an absolute disrespect to Ward!!!

I cant stand BA!!!!

If he can't figure out a friggin gameplan that protects
    Ben, and gets us a few points, is absolutely pathetic.

The Steelers better issue a whipping to the Lambs!!!!

Final score Steelers 49 Rams 8!!!!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

you can't protect a player like Ben from himself. He likes contact and will take hits if he thinks he can get it down field.

I thought I saw an attempt at a screen or 2...

we had 4 TO's and 3 were INT's that could have been avoided. I could see if they were tips or deflections but they were bad decisions or poor throws.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes. He's one of them.

His only solid game plan that rings a bell as of recently is against the Pats where we utilized Heath and our short passing game.

I really question the guys IQ level and his problem solving abilities. Lack of both (regardless of X's and O's knowledge) can explain for his lack "in game adjustments" abilities.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler
    The only plays I saw were...RUTFM, and 5-7 step drops!!
    The RUTFM was working...

I would like to have seen more RUTFM and fewer passes...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's not the problem. If he was, do you really think Tomlin and Roethlisberger would go and ask him to reconsider leaving/retiring? (which they did)

His suckiness is overrated IMO, on this board. Same with LeBeau.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shoe, sometimes you need to be out of the loop to know the problem. 85% of this board can't be wrong! Can we?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S