Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Shoe, sometimes you need to be out of the loop to know the problem. 85% of this board can't be wrong! Can we?

This is an internet message board!!!

85% wrong is a conservative estimate!!!
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler
    The only plays I saw were...RUTFM, and 5-7 step drops!!
    The RUTFM was working...

I would like to have seen more RUTFM and fewer passes...

me too, especially with Ben hurt.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Shoe, sometimes you need to be out of the loop to know the problem. 85% of this board can't be wrong! Can we?

This is an internet message board!!!

85% wrong is a conservative estimate!!!
    lol
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem

Legend

User Info Menu

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem
    Unless we're chemistry nerds...then if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BA is the problem when the steelers lose but not when they win haha.

if you think BA is most or even half of the problem what does that say about tomlin, the FO, and the organization in general? i think if BA was really as in ept as most think he wouldnt of lasted a full season with the steelers. i trust tomlin, colbert's and the rooneys opinions on knowledgable coaches. i think they know what they are doing. oh wait they probably just keep BA because ben likes him haha that makes a whole lot of sense

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    He's not the problem. If he was, do you really think Tomlin and Roethlisberger would go and ask him to reconsider leaving/retiring? (which they did)

His suckiness is overrated IMO, on this board. Same with LeBeau.

I think we are pretty in tune with what we see. Just because we are not players or coaches doesn't mean we don't understand what is happening.
    Are fans just morons that have no clue to what they have been playing since childhood, wacthing with passion since childhood ?

I'm not one of them but, there are a lot of smart football posters on this site and others that do have an excellent knowledge of the game.

I've said it from the start, " I like Tomlin, he came in and complemented an excellent football team with his leadership but, the dude must not have a clue about offense or else he would have fired BA a while back. "
    Same with Ben, Ben has a buddy in Arians that started out as an assitant coach to Ben so, they most likely had a friendship before BA was the OC.

Look up BA's track record with us and other teams that he coached.....it reads like a demon resume. The guy only does as well as he does due to the talent on the offense, a great defense.
    We've won despite of Arians.

The guy could quit, get fired, retire today and he wouldn't get another OC offer and for sure not a head coaches job.

Only once in my life did another teams assistant coach come to my attention because he was so stupid and that coach was BA when he was Clevelands OC.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    He's not the problem. If he was, do you really think Tomlin and Roethlisberger would go and ask him to reconsider leaving/retiring? (which they did)

His suckiness is overrated IMO, on this board. Same with LeBeau.

I think we are pretty in tune with what we see. Just because we are not players or coaches doesn't mean we don't understand what is happening.
    Are fans just morons that have no clue to what they have been playing since childhood, wacthing with passion since childhood ?

I'm not one of them but, there are a lot of smart football posters on this site and others that do have an excellent knowledge of the game.

I've said it from the start, " I like Tomlin, he came in and complemented an excellent football team with his leadership but, the dude must not have a clue about offense or else he would have fired BA a while back. "
    Same with Ben, Ben has a buddy in Arians that started out as an assitant coach to Ben so, they most likely had a friendship before BA was the OC.

Look up BA's track record with us and other teams that he coached.....it reads like a demon resume. The guy only does as well as he does due to the talent on the offense, a great defense.
    We've won despite of Arians.

The guy could quit, get fired, retire today and he wouldn't get another OC offer and for sure not a head coaches job.

Only once in my life did another teams assistant coach come to my attention because he was so stupid and that coach was BA when he was Clevelands OC.

Couldn't agree more. Very well said!

Rockon

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO, Arians is an average OC. He isn't a stinker, but he isn't great. We could certainly find improvement by replacing him.
    Trolls are people too.