Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Shoe, sometimes you need to be out of the loop to know the problem. 85% of this board can't be wrong! Can we?




    This is an internet message board!!!

    85% wrong is a conservative estimate!!!
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler
    The only plays I saw were...RUTFM, and 5-7 step drops!!
    The RUTFM was working...

    I would like to have seen more RUTFM and fewer passes...

    me too, especially with Ben hurt.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Shoe, sometimes you need to be out of the loop to know the problem. 85% of this board can't be wrong! Can we?




    This is an internet message board!!!

    85% wrong is a conservative estimate!!!
    lol
    2017 Mock

    1. T.J Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin - will be a huge mistake if available and we pass

    2. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

    3. Josh Jones, S, N.C. State

    3. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland

    4. Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic

    5. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

    6. Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State (How can you go wrong with that name, however the sample size is so small that his dad may be better even in his 50's)

    7. Alec Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Shoe, sometimes you need to be out of the loop to know the problem. 85% of this board can't be wrong! Can we?
    1) Chidobe Awuzie - CB, Colorado.
    2) Tim Williams - LB, Bama.
    3) Josh Jones S, NCState.
    3 Comp) Isaiah Ford, WR - VTech.
    4) Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo.
    5) Josh Dobbs - QB, Tenn.
    6) Greg Pike - G/OT, Georgia.
    7) Isaac Rochell - DL, ND.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem
    Unless we're chemistry nerds...then if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    BA is the problem when the steelers lose but not when they win haha.

    if you think BA is most or even half of the problem what does that say about tomlin, the FO, and the organization in general? i think if BA was really as in ept as most think he wouldnt of lasted a full season with the steelers. i trust tomlin, colbert's and the rooneys opinions on knowledgable coaches. i think they know what they are doing. oh wait they probably just keep BA because ben likes him haha that makes a whole lot of sense

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    He's not the problem. If he was, do you really think Tomlin and Roethlisberger would go and ask him to reconsider leaving/retiring? (which they did)

    His suckiness is overrated IMO, on this board. Same with LeBeau.

    I think we are pretty in tune with what we see. Just because we are not players or coaches doesn't mean we don't understand what is happening.
    Are fans just morons that have no clue to what they have been playing since childhood, wacthing with passion since childhood ?

    I'm not one of them but, there are a lot of smart football posters on this site and others that do have an excellent knowledge of the game.

    I've said it from the start, " I like Tomlin, he came in and complemented an excellent football team with his leadership but, the dude must not have a clue about offense or else he would have fired BA a while back. "
    Same with Ben, Ben has a buddy in Arians that started out as an assitant coach to Ben so, they most likely had a friendship before BA was the OC.

    Look up BA's track record with us and other teams that he coached.....it reads like a demon resume. The guy only does as well as he does due to the talent on the offense, a great defense.
    We've won despite of Arians.

    The guy could quit, get fired, retire today and he wouldn't get another OC offer and for sure not a head coaches job.

    Only once in my life did another teams assistant coach come to my attention because he was so stupid and that coach was BA when he was Clevelands OC.

  9. #19
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    He's not the problem. If he was, do you really think Tomlin and Roethlisberger would go and ask him to reconsider leaving/retiring? (which they did)

    His suckiness is overrated IMO, on this board. Same with LeBeau.

    I think we are pretty in tune with what we see. Just because we are not players or coaches doesn't mean we don't understand what is happening.
    Are fans just morons that have no clue to what they have been playing since childhood, wacthing with passion since childhood ?

    I'm not one of them but, there are a lot of smart football posters on this site and others that do have an excellent knowledge of the game.

    I've said it from the start, " I like Tomlin, he came in and complemented an excellent football team with his leadership but, the dude must not have a clue about offense or else he would have fired BA a while back. "
    Same with Ben, Ben has a buddy in Arians that started out as an assitant coach to Ben so, they most likely had a friendship before BA was the OC.

    Look up BA's track record with us and other teams that he coached.....it reads like a demon resume. The guy only does as well as he does due to the talent on the offense, a great defense.
    We've won despite of Arians.

    The guy could quit, get fired, retire today and he wouldn't get another OC offer and for sure not a head coaches job.

    Only once in my life did another teams assistant coach come to my attention because he was so stupid and that coach was BA when he was Clevelands OC.

    Couldn't agree more. Very well said!




    Rockon

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Is Bruce Arians the Problem or Not?

    IMO, Arians is an average OC. He isn't a stinker, but he isn't great. We could certainly find improvement by replacing him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •