Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clock Management Before Halftime

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Clock Management Before Halftime

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    It really is my only complaint about the guy. There have been a number of cases over the years where he misuses timeouts or leaves them on the table at the end of the half.
    $$$$
    I've said this before, Tomlin's clock management is abysmal. The Steelers are constantly finishing the first half with an unused TO having run out of time to score. It was criminal that they weren't able to get a 40 yard FG attempt last night out of that drive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

to say that tomlin needs to improve on his in game management skills is the understatement of the year. Last night was just another example, including his challenge opportunities. I don't know who gives him that information, but ne makes some really curious decisions.

the 2 point attempt against jax in the playoffs remains the worst coaching decision that I have ever seen. Still just dumbfounds me to this day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Still mad about 2008? Wow
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

dumbfounded doesn't mean mad felt.

I'm still somewhat amazed by the decision, and always will be.

just never seen anything like it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the steelers seemed to be in denial that our QB couldn't hardly walk let alone run up and spike the ball. they were running the normal 2 minute offense. when everyone is healthy it's a pretty good setup. with what we had yesterday it was a disaster. I was screaming at the TV that if ben makes a 20 yard completion he won't be able to get up in time to spike the ball. it was astounding to me they appeared to totally disregard his inability to run. I thought his linemen were gonna have to pull a 'leftwich' on him to get him back to the LOS.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Wasnt the first time this year clock management has been disgratz
    Does it really matter anyway, Suisham would've missed on 2 instead of just 1.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    the steelers seemed to be in denial that our QB couldn't hardly walk let alone run up and spike the ball. they were running the normal 2 minute offense. when everyone is healthy it's a pretty good setup. with what we had yesterday it was a disaster. I was screaming at the TV that if ben makes a 20 yard completion he won't be able to get up in time to spike the ball. it was astounding to me they appeared to totally disregard his inability to run. I thought his linemen were gonna have to pull a 'leftwich' on him to get him back to the LOS.
    Right. They should have a plan b for spiking the ball let Ben stand way back and snap the ball to somebody else and let him spike it. I know there's an increased risk of fumbling. But you.cant tell me it is that hard to take a snap for one of our sure handed receivers.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Legursky was calling protections for 3-5 seconds. It was excruciating to watch.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

the TO they had left was to be used to set up the FG.

however, no reason why they didnt clock it after the completion. it should not have taken that long nor should they have subbed players at that point

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Legursky was calling protections for 3-5 seconds. It was excruciating to watch.
    that was the icing on the doo doo cake.

once we lined up it was still 5 seconds before we snapped it. What was the under on the half time score? LOL
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"