Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Referees help 49rs win....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Referees help 49rs win....

Unsportsmanlike conduct for leaping in an attempt to block the kick...WTF

Fair catch interference..was his own player not Steeler...WTF

Not calling Pass interference on some calls. against 49rs...

Sword

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Referees help 49rs win....

I don't think you can hang 17 points on the refs.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers (coaches and players) helped the 49's win a lot more than the refs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure the refs sucked, but any thought that it might have been the difference between winning and losing that game is akin to Seahawk fans thinking that the refs were the difference in a 21-10 SBXL loss.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Sure the refs sucked, but any thought that it might have been the difference between winning and losing that game is akin to Seahawk fans thinking that the refs were the difference in a 21-10 SBXL loss.

San Francisco is a good team. They whipped the Steelers.

There is no way you can hang this on the officials.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The officials were awful and infuriating last night, as they often are these days.

But the Steelers were far more awful and infuriating.

It felt like we could play that game for 10 more quarters and still not score. It happens. Time to move on.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben's 4 turnovers lost the game. The refs horrible calls (running into returner when his own man did, the FG bullcrap, and the mystery chop block) were only the icing. Throw in the two power outages and that game was crap.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

Not so fast. If I were the 49ers, I wouldn't be too proud. The Steelers aren't a good team right now, and the 9ers haven't beaten a top tier team (the Giants??) all season.

Still, I loved their Defense last night, especially that tall pass rusher, what a good player. The Steelers turned the ball over 4 times and SF only got 20 points. But then again, if you spotted the Steelers 4 turnovers they would still have trouble scoring even that much. SO, the 9ers better not read their press this week too much and rest on their laurels.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

There were bad call on both teams

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The most obvious impact call was the receiver interference call. That would have given us the ball around their 30, instead they got it close to midfield.

The thing is that the Steelers did nothing all night to prove that they could have done anything with the ball had they kept it so while it may have been a big missed call, I would not say that it cost us the game.

The unsportsmanlike call on Timmons was a ticky tack call. However, supposedly Harbaugh had alerted the official on our previous FG block attempt that it was happening. I don't know but I think that I see this exact thing on almost every FG attempt, but again, not the wrong call according to the rulebook.