Thread: I can honestly say...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: I can honestly say...

It has my vote

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no problem with the celebrations after 1st downs. Do you guys hate the Woodley kick too? The Keisel whatever he does or the Ben point after TD's? Heck, why not cut Keisels beard while we are at it. That isn't professional and its nothing more than a marketing ploy. How dare he distinguish himself from the rest of the players. Troys hair needs to go to and he needs to stop doing the cross thing after every play. I'm an Athiest and its unprofessional to do that stuff at work.

How many times have you watched the Ben Yo Sammity Sam highlight after the TD pass in the Denver AFC championship game and told him to act like a professional? That replay burns my britches everytime I see it. What was he thinking being a professional and all.

Gimme a break with the act like you been there before schtick. I just read a story about a kid whose TD was called back in a championship game because he raised his hand on the way to the endzone. He didn't point at anyone or highstep, just raised a fist. The rule is "no celebrating" in HS football.

No celebrating? What's next? No smiling? No cheering on teammates? No one wins because it means someone loses?

I love the AB first down point because it means we moved the chains. The only time these things should be bashed is when a team is down big.

Its a game and these complaints sound very Goodell like. No Fun League indeed.

No name plates? How about no numbers or logos as well.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Gimme a break with the act like you been there before schtick. I just read a story about a kid whose TD was called back in a championship game because he raised his hand on the way to the endzone. He didn't point at anyone or highstep, just raised a fist. The rule is "no celebrating" in HS football.
    I was at the kid's football game when his team won their only game of the year. They scored the winning TD in overtime...game over....and the kids massed the field. Ref threw a flag for celebrations and they all stopped for a moment, but when they realized the game was already over, the celebration resumed. The kids were 10 years old give me a break.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't care for Kiesels row boat antic. I don't mind Woodleys kick. I hate Ray Lewis's chicken dance.
    I think it's refreshing to see Troy make the sign of the cross.
    I missed Bens pointing, it must be a subtle gesture. And subtle gestures don't bother me.

Your an athiest ? That means there will be more for me to eat when I go to heaven. Thanks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I gotta say, if it weren't for the Steelers, I doubt I'd be watching much football at all now. I just hate the direction the league is going.

Thank God for hockey! That's all I'll say.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I don't care for Kiesels row boat antic. I don't mind Woodleys kick. I hate Ray Lewis's chicken dance.
    I missed Bens pointing, it must be a subtle gesture. And subtle gestures don't bother me.

Your an athiest ? That means there will be more for me to eat when I go to heaven. Thanks.
    Not an athiest in the least.. just played the part for this thread.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig

Ben's pointing toward the sky is acknowledging his dead mother.

Keisel's celebrations are ones that I actually enjoy, because he changes 'em up but they are always outdoorsman-related, which is appropriate (rowing the canoe, shooting the arrow, etc.).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no problem with the celebrations after 1st downs. Do you guys hate the Woodley kick too? The Keisel whatever he does or the Ben point after TD's? Heck, why not cut Keisels beard while we are at it. That isn't professional and its nothing more than a marketing ploy. How dare he distinguish himself from the rest of the players. Troys hair needs to go to and he needs to stop doing the cross thing after every play. I'm an Athiest and its unprofessional to do that stuff at work.

How many times have you watched the Ben Yo Sammity Sam highlight after the TD pass in the Denver AFC championship game and told him to act like a professional? That replay burns my britches everytime I see it. What was he thinking being a professional and all.

No celebrating? What's next? No smiling? No cheering on teammates? No one wins because it means someone loses?

I love the AB first down point because it means we moved the chains. The only time these things should be bashed is when a team is down big.

Yes, I hate the Woodley kick and the Keisel assclownery. Spontaneous jubilation after a big play is one thing, choreographed dance steps after routine plays gets old.

Oh, and don't get me started on the primal scream...

Were you happy that Santonio's celebration in the Super Bowl almost and should have cost us 15 on the KO? Had he been caught, we may well have lost that game.

But at least he got to espress hisself!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    I gotta say, if it weren't for the Steelers, I doubt I'd be watching much football at all now. I just hate the direction the league is going.

Thank God for hockey! That's all I'll say.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel

Yes, I hate the Woodley kick and the Keisel assclownery. Spontaneous jubilation after a big play is one thing, choreographed dance steps after routine plays gets old.

Oh, and don't get me started on the primal scream...

Were you happy that Santonio's celebration in the Super Bowl almost and should have cost us 15 on the KO? Had he been caught, we may well have lost that game.

But at least he got to espress hisself!
    I thought Santonio was on the sideline on his way back to the bench when he did his celebration.

I was happy that Santonio scored....