Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiously awaiting injury news...

Legend

User Info Menu

Anxiously awaiting injury news...

...regarding Ben, Pouncey, Troy, and Woodley; and about Harrison's possible suspension.

These are all HUGE considering we really have to win out to win our division.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Re: Anxiously awaiting injury news...

Why would Harrison be suspended?

He didn't Suh the guy...he just nailed him when Colt left the pocket and was running...

Considering the fact that Harrison hasn't been fined this year, he shouldn't be suspended...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick

He didn't Suh the guy...he just nailed him when Colt left the pocket and was running...

Considering the fact that Harrison hasn't been fined this year, he shouldn't be suspended...
    Hope you're right, but there's lots of talk that he's going to be suspended...considering his history with Goodell, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

Hope you're right, but there's lots of talk that he's going to be suspended...considering his history with Goodell, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.
    Shouldn't have even been a penalty on the play let alone him getting suspended. McCoy was a running back at that point of the play. Mendenhall received a H2H on the goal line or maybe earlier in the game and the announcers even made mention of the fact that running backs are not protected species in the NFL and the hit was fine.

If a quarterback becomes a runner he should also become unprotected, IMO.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pouncey out for the season with a high tummy ache.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Shouldn't have even been a penalty on the play let alone him getting suspended. McCoy was a running back at that point of the play. Mendenhall received a H2H on the goal line or maybe earlier in the game and the announcers even made mention of the fact that running backs are not protected species in the NFL and the hit was fine.

Pappy
    Believe me, I agree with you, but others aren't seeing it that way. There are writers calling for Harrison's suspension. I'm afraid it's likely they'll get it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    Believe me, I agree with you, but others aren't seeing it that way. There are writers calling for Harrison's suspension. I'm afraid it's likely they'll get it.
    Lets hope that some candy @ss writers don't have a say in suspensions that can be handed out in the NFL. He should be fined (by the letter of the law) and it's only his first time this year, so it shouldn't be huge.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    Funny...but the fact is...him leaving games is becoming a habit. I guess his pain tolerance isn't as high as Ben's.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Funny...but the fact is...him leaving games is becoming a habit. I guess his pain tolerance isn't as high as Ben's.
    Habit? I don't think that word means what you think it means...

And, after everything he's played through in his career, I don't think any pro football player, with the possible exception of James Harrison, has a pain tolerance as high as Ben's...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    Right. Because all injuries are the same and the physical demands of each position are the same too.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]