Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Antonio's Brown's 5 for 151 give him 55 for 925 in 13 games!

Re: Antonio's Brown's 5 for 151 give him 55 for 925 in 13 ga

Ed: Team MVP Biggest Surprise Since '83

THURSDAY, 29 DECEMBER 2011 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

The announcement today that Antonio Brown had won the Steelers MVP award in a vote by his teammates was stunning. I listed the candidates here this morning, led by Ben Roethlisberger, and never mentioned Antonio Brown.

Nothing against Brown, but he's not the team's leading receiver in yards, catches or touchdowns. In fact, he has three touchdowns, one on a punt return, and Mike Wallace has 8.

The fact that Brown broke the team record for all-purpose yards on Saturday may have pushed him into the forefront among his teammates when it came time to vote.

Brown, in his second season, did not start until the 10th game of the season when Hines Ward was demoted in Cincinnati Nov. 13. In the past nine games, he's topped 100 receiving three times and has led the team in catches and yards during that period.

What a story he's become, too -- first start Nov. 13, sets team record for all-purpose yards, makes first Pro Bowl and now this, voted the team MVP in maybe it's biggest upset since kicker Gary Anderson won the award in 1983.

I still think Ben Roethlisberger is their MVP -- take him away and they are not close to an 11-4 team -- but don't blame Brown for winning it. He obviously is popular among his teammates for many things and he's performed at a high level when given an opportunity.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... e-since-83

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Ed: Team MVP Biggest Surprise Since '83

THURSDAY, 29 DECEMBER 2011 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

The announcement today that Antonio Brown had won the Steelers MVP award in a vote by his teammates was stunning. I listed the candidates here this morning, led by Ben Roethlisberger, and never mentioned Antonio Brown.

Nothing against Brown, but he's not the team's leading receiver in yards, catches or touchdowns. In fact, he has three touchdowns, one on a punt return, and Mike Wallace has 8.

The fact that Brown broke the team record for all-purpose yards on Saturday may have pushed him into the forefront among his teammates when it came time to vote.

Brown, in his second season, did not start until the 10th game of the season when Hines Ward was demoted in Cincinnati Nov. 13. In the past nine games, he's topped 100 receiving three times and has led the team in catches and yards during that period.

What a story he's become, too -- first start Nov. 13, sets team record for all-purpose yards, makes first Pro Bowl and now this, voted the team MVP in maybe it's biggest upset since kicker Gary Anderson won the award in 1983.

I still think Ben Roethlisberger is their MVP -- take him away and they are not close to an 11-4 team -- but don't blame Brown for winning it. He obviously is popular among his teammates for many things and he's performed at a high level when given an opportunity.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... e-since-83
    This team MVP voted by his peers probably means way more to the kid that being selected to the Pro Bowl. Knowing the way his teammates feel about him could actually make it more likely that the kid re-signs with us when the time comes.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Make no mistake, Brown is turning into an awesome WR. But, without Wallace to pull coverage his way I don't think Brown's numbers would look as good.
    i dont really agree because the same was said about wallace in his first couple of years when he was behind ward and holmes on the depth chart. then when holmes left people said wallace's numbers would decline since he would be going up against teams #1 cb. i think no matter what position you put brown or wallace in they will have great success.

congratulations to Antonio Brown who becomes the 1st player in NFL history with 1,000 receiving yards and 1,000 return yards!

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    congratulations to Antonio Brown who becomes the 1st player in NFL history with 1,000 receiving yards and 1,000 return yards!