Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone think Harrison gets off without a fine?

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone think Harrison gets off without a fine?

Tunch on the radio brought up what I thought was a very reasonable point: "There's no helmet-to-helmet when tackling a RB - no longer a QB, and McCoy was a RB (scrambling, "out of the pocket"). So Harrison had every right to do a HTH." ((paraphrasing)

What do you guys think?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone think Harrison gets off without a fine?

Have a point there, but its the Steelers were talking about here.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's a very good point. He ducked and started to run and was out of the pocket. At that point, I think he assumes the risk of being a ball carrier. But, since James Harrison hit McCoy in his lady parts, and since it's James Harrison, I'm sure there will be a fine.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

'Multiple offender' could even get suspended, it depends on how bad Rogers yeast infection is this week.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shouldn't have been a flag, there shouldn't be a fine and Colt got tackled hard. I give McCoy credit, he didn't complain, he took the hit, got his head back together and came back into the game. I like him, he's got moxy. Goodell is an @ss clown, because, I know Harrison is getting fined for playing football, again.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have 0 confidence in Goodell. I bet he gets suspended.

Starter

User Info Menu

I am guessing it is a suspension, even though it appeared to me that he hit McCoy first with his hands. When has reality mattered to Goodell though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    Have a point there, but its the Steelers were talking about here.

and more specifically multiple offender James Harrison of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I say $20,000 fine...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They just talked about this hit on NFL Network and in the background Deon and company were yelling he was a runner and out of the pocket, shouldnt have been a flag...
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd
    I am guessing it is a suspension, even though it appeared to me that he hit McCoy first with his hands. When has reality mattered to Goodell though.
    It's impossible to suspend him when the QB (at that point a runner) is roaming free... how can you say where you tackle anyone on his body in the open field--it's all you can do to just bring the guy down!

Now that being said, he will get fined because he's "James Harrison". But fine? That would be ridiculous.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.