Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With Sanders out, who should return kicks?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With Sanders out, who should return kicks?

The obvious answer is Antonio Brown. But, is that a good idea? Exposing Antonio Brown to unnecessary injury at this stage of the season and against Cleveland is not very smart. Returning punts and his WR work is plenty. The Steelers would be wise to let Mewelde Moore or Curtis Brown return kicks as an injury to either one would not be nearly as devastating as one to #84.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: With Sanders out, who should return kicks?

Just put someone back there who won't muff the catch. We shouldn't need a special teams run back to beat the Browns. Whoever has the best hands. And that is probably gonna be MeMoo. And I'm completely fine with that. I agree with the Antonio Brown dilemma. Especially with Cotchery and Battle on the injury report. Gettin' a bit dicey at the WR position.

Of course, we could always put Wallace and Brown back there. Really scare the crap out of some teams. But perhaps we can save that ace for the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Put Dixon back there. He could at least say he did one thing all year to earn his salary

Seriously though, I'm looking at putting a DB back there versus Brown.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Trai Essex

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok seriously how bout Curtis Brown or Cortez Allen? Those 2 have some speed and youth.

Starter

User Info Menu

Im greedy. I want the ball in AB's hands as much as possible.

Legend

User Info Menu

As long as we don't have Gary Russell or Najeh Davenport returning kicks again, I'm good.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Trai Essex
    thats funny.

Moore probably our safest bet. But we will see what happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel33

Of course, we could always put Wallace and Brown back there. Really scare the crap out of some teams. But perhaps we can save that ace for the playoffs.
    I have thought of that more than once this season.... with two dangerous speedsters why not have them both back there and run some type of kickoff reverse?...coverage team running one direction with Wallace speeding down the sidelines on the other?....

Legend

User Info Menu

anyone who can catch and take a knee.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"