Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers v. Niners Super Bowl odds

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers v. Niners Super Bowl odds

Going to Vegas this weekend (in fact, I'll be there watching the Browns game), thinking of putting my money where my mouth is regarding the Packers and Patriots' defenses not being Super Bowl worthy.

Can you bet on Super Bowl match ups, or do I have to place three separate bets: Steelers AFC Champ, Niners NFC Champ, Steelers SB Champ.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers v. Niners Super Bowl odds

I hope so, it would be a great game. and in Goodell's FACE.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the Niners run game and their defense, but I don't see Alex Smith being a Super Bowl calibre QB (the SF D is good, but it is not Baltimore 2000 level good or Tampa 2002 level good, where it is able to carry the likes of a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson). Sure, he's not making mistakes that cost his team games (but then again, neither is Tebow, but that doesn't make him a Super Bowl QB...there is a big difference come playoff time). Everyone is comparing Jim Harbaugh's first team to Cowher's early teams...good enough defense and run game to contend...but not a good enough QB to make the Super Bowl...the Niners seem destined to lose in the conference championship game like so many of our 90's Steelers teams did.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Smith has a QB rating of 95. Dilfer was 76 in 2000. The longer they frustrate Rodgers, the better chance at him making a mistake. They're used to cruising to big leads.

It would be a very interesting matchup.

Of course, with the Packers' luck, Smith will probably get injured before they meet.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel
    Going to Vegas this weekend (in fact, I'll be there watching the Browns game)...
    Yeah, baby! Always love to hear people going to Vegas... lets me live vicariously through them. Where you staying? What's the occasion?
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Where you staying? What's the occasion?
    Wouldn't that information have to stay in Vegas?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel
    Going to Vegas this weekend (in fact, I'll be there watching the Browns game)...
    Yeah, baby! Always love to hear people going to Vegas... lets me live vicariously through them. Where you staying? What's the occasion?
    Staying at the Venetian. Occasion is a bunch of 40-something college buddies doing a long weekend, just because we can.

Best part is, we're all watching the game together tomorrow. Two Browns fans, one Bengals, and me.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh, I'm a little jealous. Please give a toast to your almost 40 something Steeler bretheren while you and the boys are out committing acts of debauchery.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Need to take my Terrible Towel and try to get a pic on [url]http://towelaroundtheworld.com[/url]

Hope I don't pack my Sham-Wow by mistake.

Legend

User Info Menu

The team with D, running game, and has to carry a young inexperienced QB is Houston with Yates. It's not going to be Smith/49ers or Tebow/Broncos.

It is going to come down to best QB in a lot of matchups. The teams that might beat GB are NO, Dallas, or GB.

I'm thinking it could come down to Ben vs Romo in the SuperBowl even though the NFL seems to want Brady vs Rodgers.