Thread: Steelers like the Sea of Cortez

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers like the Sea of Cortez

The Steelers have been looking for ways to get talented rookie corner Cortez Allen into their dime package and may have found it.

They brought safety Ryan Clark off the field at times in the dime in favor or Allen, giving them four corners and Troy Polamalu on the field at the same time.
    [url="http://www.nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/"]http://www.nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/[/url]

I really hope that Allen and Brown continue to show they can play. It would be awesome to finally hit on a couple of 3rd and 4th round corners.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers like the Sea of Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob
    The Steelers have been looking for ways to get talented rookie corner Cortez Allen into their dime package and may have found it.

They brought safety Ryan Clark off the field at times in the dime in favor or Allen, giving them four corners and Troy Polamalu on the field at the same time.
    [url="http://www.nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/"]http://www.nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/[/url]

I really hope that Allen and Brown continue to show they can play. It would be awesome to finally hit on a couple of 3rd and 4th round corners.

especially considering how rookies don't often see the field because of our complex defensive scheme, I would say both Allen and Brown have surpassed expectations and flashed lots of potential for the future.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dave Lolley is awesome, but 4 corners and one safety is a nickel defense, not a dime. 6 DBs is a dime.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Dave Lolley is awesome, but 4 corners and one safety is a nickel defense, not a dime. 6 DBs is a dime.
    Our dime used to be Ike, Gay, Lewis, Troy, Clark, and Mundy (3 CB, 3 S).

He took out Clark and put in Cortez for 4 CB and 2 S.

Lolley just failed to mention Mundy, I think.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

That makes more sense. Dave is my favorite Steelers writer.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

That makes more sense. Dave is my favorite Steelers writer.

What do you think of his brother Dale???