Thread: I hate those #&@%ing Canadiens...sweet ending to that game.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate those #&@%ing Canadiens...sweet ending to that game.

[youtube:9fizcb9l]3h0eGCt2B3s[/youtube:9fizcb9l]

P.K. Subban is a first rate punk. How is it that he can tackle Dupuis behind the net after the play, try to rip Neal's head off in front of the net after the play, and then also slew-footed Neal by actually KICKING him in the back of the knee with his skate, without any of these being called a penalty? Then, to top it off, Letang gets a cheap shot elbow to the face by Pacioretty, complete with a river of blood flowing onto the ice, and NOTHING gets called.

At first, I was hoping that Kunitz would score the game-winner after having two goals taken away, but once Letang returned following that brutal near-beheading, I was totally rooting for him to put away his hometown team with a game-winning goal, and that is precisely what happened. It was extra-sweet to see Carey Price break his second goal stick of the night. Couldn't believe their fans had the gall to boo the ref for not blowing the whistle on a puck that was not frozen after all of this. Justice was served.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I hate those #&@%ing Canadiens...sweet ending to that ga

Canadiens' Max Pacioretty suspended three games
    By Mike Brehm, USA TODAY
    Updated 11h 13m ago

The NHL suspended Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty three games for a hit to the head.

He hit Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Kris Letang during Saturday's game, breaking his nose, in the third period. Letang returned in overtime and scored the winning goal.

Letang was crossing the blue line and taking a shot when Pacioretty approached him. Though NHL senior vice president Brendan Shanahan said that players in that part of the ice can expect to be checked hard, they shouldn't have to worry about a hit to the head.

"In spite of the fact that Letang is in a shooting motion, Letang's head does not significantly change position prior to or simultaneous with the hit, placing the onus on Pacioretty to make sure he does not make Letang's head the principal point of contact," Shanahan said in his explanatory video.

He noted that Pacioretty shifted his weight, making a head hit more likely.

Pacioretty will forfeit $26,351.34 in pay and be eligible to return on Dec. 6.

He is the Canadiens' leading goal scorer with 10 and is second on the team with 19 points. He had a goal and assist in the game before the hit, which went unpenalized.

Letang was examined Monday and skated afterward. He hopes to play Tuesday night.

Pacioretty suffered a concussion and a fractured neck vertebra last season when checked into the edge of a glass partition by Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara. That play didn't draw a suspension.

Since then, Pacioretty has been involved in the cause of head injuries. Earlier this month, he started a foundation to raise funds so Montreal General Hospital can buy a type of MRI that more accurately measures brain injuries.
    [url]http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011-11-28/max-pacioretty-suspended/51450200/1[/url]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: I hate those #&@%ing Canadiens...sweet ending to that ga

I'm surprised that puck wasn't frozen. Usually the refs blow the whistle too quickly, but I'm
    glad it didn't happen in this case.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]