Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Christmas present:4-1

Backup

User Info Menu

My Christmas present:4-1

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to get another division title. But playoff appearances are worh more in my book. Just like wins over statistics. That's just me.

I really like where the team is at right now. Not particularly with how they are playing, but the position they are in to get a chance at defending the AFCC and getting another crack at The Superbowl.

But it's December football. Where teams start to seperate themselves a bit more. See who can hang in down the cold, hard stretch.

I just want to see the offense start to round into form. All season we have seen glimpses of what this team is capable of doing offensively. I'd like to see them get into the 30's in 3/5 of these games with Ben throwing more TD's. I'd feel a little better heading into the playoffs. Just ONE of the things I'd like to happen.

Certainly don't want to get ahead of myself here. A 2-3 finish is a distinct possibility. Taking a hit against the Bengals this weekend could start a snowball effect. Next thing you know we take one on the chin against a good 49ers team and then really take a digger cause we can't handle Cleveland on the road to close out the season.

This week is huge. As big as any other we have had this year. The Bengals are gonna give us everything they have and if we don't bring it, we will lose.

I don't think that will happen. The team is playing decent ball and we have been doing this with key players on the sideline/underperforming.

Now's the time to leave a little bit of yourself on the field. Every game. From here on out.

4-1. That's all I ask Mr. Claus.

HERE WE GO!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: My Christmas present:4-1

I'm hoping to see the BA script and then full switch to the BB Gun offense giving Ben a mix of Wallace, Brown, Miller, Sanders, Cotchery, Saunders, Moore, Redman, Mendy, and Ward.

How good this offense can be could come down to how well Sanders and Saunders can step up their game.

I think both of these guys have the potential to be uncoverable. Saunders is so big/fast, I think he's going to be a nightmare matchup for everyone in time. And I still think Sanders is going to become Ben's go to WR in time because he's so precise on his routes.

And Cotchery could be really big down the stretch now that he's getting into the flow of the offense.

The only thing that can hold this group of skill players back is BA. Time for him to get out of his own way.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    The only thing that can hold this group of skill players back is BA...
    ...not to mention fumbles, INTs and dropped passes...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Yeah. I'm a huge fan of Saunders now that he has his head on straight.

Personally, I like Cotchery more than Sanders. He's a more savvy vet and we'll need that more goin down the stretch. I feel like Sanders is a bit soft. He does run nice routes, though. I like the Wallace, Brown, Cotchery trio with Miller and Saunders throwing in some help along the way.Sanders can pick up the slack with Hines.

I agree with you on Arians. But I kinda hope we win in spite of him. I mean, with Fichtner entertaining a coaching position down south, now might be the time to do a mini offensive coaching staff overhaul. I just don't know what prospects are out there for a head OC and QB coach. It'd be nice to land an OC who could handle both. I mean, how much more coaching does Ben really need. The dudes gonna be 30 in 4 months.

Legend

User Info Menu

The only thing that can hold this group of skill players back is BA. Time for him to get out.
    Fixed that for you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I like Cotchery more than Sanders. He's a more savvy vet and we'll need that more goin down the stretch. I feel like Sanders is a bit soft. He does run nice routes, though.
    Agree 100% bro

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    Personally, I like Cotchery more than Sanders. He's a more savvy vet and we'll need that more goin down the stretch. I feel like Sanders is a bit soft. He does run nice routes, though.
    Agree 100% bro
    Not getting the Sanders love around here, either. I see a younger Courtney Hawkins. Decent 3rd guy, that's about it.

Legend

User Info Menu

And I'm at least *asking* the fat man for 5-0. You never start negotiations at your bottom line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    The only thing that can hold this group of skill players back is BA...
    ...not to mention fumbles, INTs and dropped passes...

...holding penalties, ....illegal procedure penalties...

But I'm sure those are Arians' fault too!!!!!! I'm sure there is an appendix to the playbook that teaches players how to hold and commit other stupid penalties. Kemo probably co-authored that section with Arians.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I too am hoping for 5-0. These are all winnable games and there's a chance the Ravens slip up.

Short of that, I think 3-2 is enough for the first WC provided one of the wins is Sunday.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]