Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 10 @ Bengals

Backup

User Info Menu

Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 10 @ Bengals

1. Look at that! How’s that for customer service? Monday morning and I already have my Thoughts thread out the door and posted!

2. The cynic in me wants to poo-poo and downplay this win but that would contradict my next thought.

3. We learned all we needed to know about this Steelers team a couple of weeks ago: they can’t beat the 2011 Ravens.

4. Week 10 of the 2011-2012 Season started with the abomination of the Bengals owning 1st place in the AFC North. This could not be allowed to stand. I’m glad the Steelers did their part.

5. On the Steelers first drive they ran a reverse to Wallace in Bengals territory that went for 15 yards largely on a block thrown by Antonio Brown. A penalty flag was originally thrown on Brown for a crack-back block but the flag was picked up due to the position of the block on the field making it legal. It takes 11 players working together to beat the other 11 players that are working together. Part of the Steelers inconsistency this year has to do with their difficulty in getting the right 11.

6. Sometimes I get frustrated/annoyed, enraged to the point of throwing things by the patented Bruce Arians Gameplan:

1st down: Mendy run up the middle – and by “run” I mean dance around the line of scrimmage waiting for a red carpet:
    2nd down: Mendy run right (or left) – and by “right (or left)” I mean “see 1st down”.
    3rd down: Pass (preferably low percentage deep balls requiring 20 seconds of QB protection to fully develop),
    Punt: throw in a good run back at the right time to keep the opponent within striking distance.

7. In the first quarter Heath Miller absorbed a BIG hit to convert a first down (IIRC). No flag was thrown. This indicates one of two things:

a. Despite catching the ball, heath Miller is not technically a receiver and is therefore a previously unknown type of NFL offensive player.
    b. Heath Miller was not defenseless.

The integrity , consistency and accuracy of the NFL referees is unquestionable ….

This is what happens to those who disagree …

… so deductive reasoning leads us to consider that in all likelihood that Heath Miller has a conceal and carry permit and has a handgun on him during the game.

8. For a while there it looked like the Steelers were going to steamroll their way to a win … but that didn’t happen … again. How many games have the Steelers started, looking awesome and the other team looking overmatched, only to have the game get interesting?

9. Miller bobbles a pass and it turns into an INT that is converted to 3 points for the Bengals. 10 unanswered.

10. If Miller is not a receiver then he could not have ever bobbled that pass that turned into an INT … so just to be clear: Miller is carrying a handgun on his routes.

Atta boy!

11. UPS baby! You know what I am talking about.

12. I am pretty pissed at Miller for drawing that holding call to negates Jerricho Cotchery’s TD. Hey Heath, you have a gun dumbass … use it!

13. Dalton, despite being a despicable, soulless ginger, looks to be a decent QB.

14. I’ll bet our linebackers wish they could pay against Ben … what with the holding the ball way too long and all.

15. This Steelers defense cannot get pressure on the QB. They need both Woodley and Polamalu on the field and healthy.

An artist’s rendering of my creative process.

16. Did you notice how bizarre this game was? Consider that in this game you saw the following two events: William Gay making a play and Rashard Mendenhall breaking a tackle.

17. Was this game the first time all year the offense has been able to close a game?

18. The Ravens lost to Seattle … I’d laugh if it wasn’t so infuriating. The Ravens pay like Jesus riding a velociraptor against the Steelers but the next week they can’t beat the Seahawks?!

19. Perspective: As of today three of the AFC North’s 4 teams would make the playoffs. In the playoffs the Steelers first hurdle would be Oakland and if they won they would face the Texans at Reliant stadium. When was the last time any one of those three statements were factual and not fueled by heavy doses of crack?

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 10 @ Bengals

Your timing is impeccable. And I have three comments:

Quote Originally Posted by redundantman

1. This shot speaks volumes about Jay Cutler's disposition. He is incapable of emotion of any kind. He just doesn't get excited or bothered by anything (though his reflexes appear to be pretty good). Some might say that's a positive (the disposition thing), but it doesn't seem to work out for him.

My guess is that if he had any passion, he'd have played at Florida, Texas, or Oklahoma instead of Vanderbilt.

2. Perhaps #1 is because he's ripped. He appears to beer belch after the referee knocks his helmet off.

The Ravens pay like Jesus riding a velociraptor against the Steelers
    3. A dinosaur of any kind would be a tough ride in a robe.

Legend

User Info Menu

too funny!!!

An artist’s rendering of my creative process.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msp26505
    Your timing is impeccable.
    Hey thanks!

And I have three comments:

1. This shot speaks volumes about Jay Cutler's disposition. He is incapable of emotion of any kind. He just doesn't get excited or bothered by anything (though his reflexes appear to be pretty good). Some might say that's a positive (the disposition thing), but it doesn't seem to work out for him.

My guess is that if he had any passion, he'd have played at Florida, Texas, or Oklahoma instead of Vanderbilt.

2. Perhaps #1 is because he's ripped. He appears to beer belch after the referee knocks his helmet off.
    Cutler is an odd duck isn't he? He is clearly not paying attention in that gif.

The Ravens pay like Jesus riding a velociraptor against the Steelers
    3. A dinosaur of any kind would be a tough ride in a robe.
    An opinion based on empirical data no doubt?

Legend

User Info Menu

Man, it's somewhat disturbing how many pictures are out there of Jesus and dinosaurs (including a coloring book, of course!)

And my favorite...a tattoo nonetheless...but I won't post the picture directly because of a naughty word, but it made me laugh that someone actually has this permenantly on their arm. Feel free to view it via the following link:

[url]http://therapyfree.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/jesus-dinosaur.jpg[/url]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.