Torrey Smith vs. Mike Wallace

I hate to admit it, but he might be just as dangerous as Mike Wallace
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Torrey Smith vs. Mike Wallace

I was desperate on FF this week, with several guys on bye weeks so I picked up Smith. He got me 23 points. Normally I try to avoid Rats players too. But he has Flacco throwing to him and Wallace has Ben. IMO, big difference.

Backup

User Info Menu

Torrey Smith has not been consistent enough to put himself in Wallace's category, but hes certainly on his way....
    Some people subscribe to a permanent stasis of wishful thinking. They like to believe the world is made of marshmallows and filled with butterflies. I don't.

Legend

User Info Menu

he's having a comparable rookie year as wallace did with us.

i'm afraid they might have found their deep threat

Backup

User Info Menu

I agree with the OP. He looks pretty fast. I don't have his measurables but he looks like he has a bigger build. The good thing is they don't have any young guys close to Antonio Brown to go along with him.

Backup

User Info Menu

He can stretch the field and make big plays, but Wallace has much better hands.

Starter

User Info Menu

Hes played two good games this season and been widely inconsistent in all the others. He has hands at times that are Limas Sweed'esc. To even mention him in the same sentence as Mike Wallace at this point is silly. You do realize that this guy almost single handedly cost Baltimore the Seattle game dont you. When he stops putting the ball on the ground Ill consider being impressed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP
    Hes played two good games this season and been widely inconsistent in all the others. He has hands at times that are Limas Sweed'esc. To even mention him in the same sentence as Mike Wallace at this point is silly. You do realize that this guy almost single handedly cost Baltimore the Seattle game dont you. When he stops putting the ball on the ground Ill consider being impressed.
    Wallace def. is more "fluid" and has better hands. but this kid can grow and doesn't have Ben throwing to him either.
    He still looks "awkward" in some ways but if he grows into his potential look out
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!