Thread: Baltimore-Cincy Chat Room, Anyone?

Legend

User Info Menu

Baltimore-Cincy Chat Room, Anyone?

I've got the vs. the on here (also Dallas-Washington, as well as the Red Zone channel). Anyone want to visit the chat room to root against the Ratbirds (not root for the Bungles...there is a difference).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Baltimore-Cincy Chat Room, Anyone?

I'm watching the game. Question: Why do players stick the ball in one hand in situations where it doesn't make sense to do it? I was debating with my friend; it just seems like common sense to hold tight to the ball (two hands), yet I see players do it all the time. Gresham just cost his team four points by doing that, Calvin Johnson cost his team a win last year doing it. I see it often enough, that I wonder if maybe it's just a natural move or something (someone with large hands). Or am I giving these guys too much leeway, and that they should just hold the ball with both hands like it seems.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have to give the Bengals quarterback a lot of credit. This kid is really good despite the loss. He's the real deal in my opinion and the Bengals have played the Ravens tougher than the Steelers have or at least they know how to put points up on their defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I have to give the Bengals quarterback a lot of credit. This kid is really good despite the loss. He's the real deal in my opinion and the Bengals have played the Ravens tougher than the Steelers have or at least they know how to put points up on their defense.
    Dalton is going to be a good QB. I wouldn't crown him just yet. From the looks of it Baltimore has played awesome vs us and mediocre vs the rest of the NFL.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Dalton is going to be a good QB. I wouldn't crown him just yet. From the looks of it Baltimore has played awesome vs us and mediocre vs the rest of the NFL.
    I agree and I wonder why that they are playing so well against us and not against the others ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

suggs got away with potentially 2 personal fouls on the one sack at the end.

hands to the helmet and horse collar. not sure how the refs missed both of those.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would like to see side-by-side video of the alleged incomplete pass to the Cinci TE in the endzone today vs the Ravens and the alleged complete pass to the Ravens TE vs the Steelers two weeks ago.

What a mess the NFL is with the inconsistent reffing and the excessive rulemaking.

And, yes, Suggs got away with hands to the face and a horsecollar on Dalton on one play. Maybe they've placed Dalton not in "rules group one QB's" (Peyton, Marcia, etc) but in the "other rules group two QB's", but not in "rules don't apply group 3 QB's" with Ben.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good time in chat room today, except when SteelCrazy jinxed the Gresham TD because he wanted it overturned I wouldn't get any points from it j/k

I think Dalton is gonna be a good QB for them. They also have a couple of good, young receivers. Add to that the picks they got for Carson Palmer and they could get even stronger.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The guys on NBC Football Night in America reviewed the Gresham non-TD and panned the call.

Later, they showed a 49ers TD pass where the receiver caught the ball, immediately barely broke the goal plane and got knocked down and the ball came loose --- was a TD.

It's a mess out there in the NFL. They are inconsistent even when they review all the TD plays.

Backup

User Info Menu

The freaking rats can't win a game w/o the freaking refs MAKING UP PHAMTOM CALLS or NOT ENFORCING the rules!!!

Either way, get the "F" use to it...cuz WHEN we play them in the Playoffs, the refs will "F" us for sure!!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg