Thread: Anyone Believe JoePa now has cancer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone Believe JoePa now has cancer?

If he has it I feel bad for him.

But it seems odd this pops up now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone Believe JoePa now has cancer?

I've seen it blow up in other people right after an episode that was majorly stressful.
    Besides, if you live as long as he has, don't your odds of getting it increase?

I don't feel near as bad for Paterno as I do for those little boys his sidekick preyed upon.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think it is sick how Paterno is being more villianized then you know, the guy who actually committed the crimes. Especially when you consider the fact that nobody really knows the details as to how much was actually done by all the people involved. There are rumors that Joe Paterno did more then what is being led to believe. I think he is being used as the scapegoat in this whole mess. And if the rumors are true, shame on all those who rushed to judgement.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletfire1970
    I think it is sick how Paterno is being more villianized then you know, the guy who actually committed the crimes. Especially when you consider the fact that nobody really knows the details as to how much was actually done by all the people involved. There are rumors that Joe Paterno did more then what is being led to believe. I think he is being used as the scapegoat in this whole mess. And if the rumors are true, shame on all those who rushed to judgement.
    He's getting lynched by the media, alot like Ben did in the Georgia "incident".

ricapritts

Especially when you consider the fact that nobody really knows the details as to how much was actually done by all the people involved.

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree that there is a tendency to lynch Paterno without the full facts coming to light. That said, the facts we have certainly seem to indicate he did little, if anything, to follow up to make sure Sandusky was not abusing children once he was alerted.

My personal view is that Paterno should have been let go years ago as he was clearly chasing records and holding the program hostage. Not knowing who the starting QB was half-way through the season? Come on. He was a great man and a great coach who stayed on too long. It's not unlikely his age has caused him to make a lot of poor decisions over the past 10 years or so and that does not make him a monster, but it is obviously quite sad if this situation led him to look the other way on Sandusky. Just my opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep, he had it.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION