Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Jim Harbaugh a QB guru?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Jim Harbaugh a QB guru?

Luck is having a lesser year at Stanford after he left, while Alex Smith is having a career year.

Coincidence?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Is Jim Harbaugh a QB guru?

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel
    Coincidence?
    I think not
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Luck is having a lesser year at Stanford after he left, while Alex Smith is having a career year.

Coincidence?
    This year, Luck is completing 70.6% of his passes, with 29 TD's and 7 INT's.

Last year, Luck completed 70.7% of his passes, with 32 TD's and 8 INT's.

If that's a lesser year, we should all have lesser years. I see no dropoff post-Harbaugh.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Coincidence?
    This year, Luck is completing 70.6% of his passes, with 29 TD's and 7 INT's.

Last year, Luck completed 70.7% of his passes, with 32 TD's and 8 INT's.

If that's a lesser year, we should all have lesser years. I see no dropoff post-Harbaugh.
    Luck is still playing great ball. His game against USC was fantastic. He struggled a little against Oregon mostly because Owusu is injured.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

No.

Hope that helps.

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, I'm nitpicking to make a point, but his INT pct is up and YPA is down.

Great job with Smith, though. The guy has been a career turd to this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jim Harbaugh is a mean bully...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know if he is a QB guru, but he's clearly a heckuva coach. I think Alex Smith's "success" if you want to call it that, is more of Harbaugh's excellent management as much as anything else.

Still, for any Steeler fan, this team (the Niners) reminds them of the 90's teams... I don't think they're even quite as good defensively, and probably equal running game-wise. Both every year, we'd be left holding the bag, with Neil O'Donnell or Kordell. Especially Neil (becuase Kordell wasn't the same type of QB). With a limited QB like Neil/Alex, I think you can only go so far.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Still, for any Steeler fan, this team (the Niners) reminds them of the 90's teams... I don't think they're even quite as good defensively, and probably equal running game-wise. Both every year, we'd be left holding the bag, with Neil O'Donnell or Kordell. Especially Neil (becuase Kordell wasn't the same type of QB). With a limited QB like Neil/Alex, I think you can only go so far.
    Agree about the comparison to the Steelers of the 90's. And let's hope that they go at least as far as the Super Bowl against the Steelers. It would be sweet to get #7 against that franchise.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    I don't know if he is a QB guru, but he's clearly a heckuva coach. I think Alex Smith's "success" if you want to call it that, is more of Harbaugh's excellent management as much as anything else.

I have been waiting a couple weeks for a thread like this so I could make the following statement. " Who says Cowher is not going to coach again, there he is in San Francisco."

We have seen Frisco 2-3 times in our area this season and that similarity to the 90 teams stood out. I don't know how far they can go but they have become interesting to watch.

Even though Cowher and Harbaugh are completely different in both backgrounds and probably temperament you can't help but notice the similarity of style in the play of the Niners to the 90's Steelers.

Well we do get them in week 15. They already have wins over Cleveland and @Cinci. They get Bal in wk 12. Too bad Bal gets the 1st crack at them but who knows they could be 3-0 when we see them. That would be very interesting.

One thing though, Bill Cowher came in 92 and in a couple or three years replaced the entire front seven except for Gregg Lloyd and added Darren Perry in the secondary. I think Harbaugh is way ahead of this in that their D is pretty much in place with numerous high picks in recent years. Hmm! Many including me are still not taking them serious however. Maybe we should be.

Yeah, I can see how someone, anyone might want to compare this 49er team to some of the Steeler teams of the 90's by positional strength, stats, play selection etc. Uhh! Looking forward to seeing this the week we play them.