Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Jim Harbaugh a QB guru?

Legend

Re: Is Jim Harbaugh a QB guru?

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel
    Luck is having a lesser year at Stanford after he left, while Alex Smith is having a career year.

Coincidence?
    This year, Luck is completing 70.6% of his passes, with 29 TD's and 7 INT's.

Last year, Luck completed 70.7% of his passes, with 32 TD's and 8 INT's.

If that's a lesser year, we should all have lesser years. I see no dropoff post-Harbaugh.
    Luck is still playing great ball. His game against USC was fantastic. He struggled a little against Oregon mostly because Owusu is injured.
    Luck had a pretty easy schedule this year... If he had a decent game against Oregon I would think more of him but right now it's power running and 10 yard passes to TE's.

I know the WR is hurt but I think Luck is getting a too much love given his competition.

IDK if he's a guru or not, but anybody who automatically put our game against them in the "W" column needs to reassess. The good news is that the 49er's now have a good body of tape to look at. We won't be able to say that they snuck up on us, that's for sure.

One thing no one is mentioning much is that Jim Harbaugh played most of his career in the 90's and at QB for several teams. It should not be a big surprise that someone with a whole lot of QB expertise might be successful at developing young QB's. Look at what our ex- QB coach from the early 2000's is doing at Green Bay. Yeah, that one. The guy that QB coached Elvis Grbac and Kordell Stewart into the pro bowl. [I consider that feat at least at the level of a mini-miracle]

Those that remember seeing Harbaugh play might think there are some similarities between him and his QB now. Good but not exceptional arm strength, reasonably accurate and pretty mobile and athletic. These type QB's when they possess extreme accuracy can win championships. IDT Smith has enough of these qualities but they are winning games and he is the QB. Actually, I think Harbaugh believes he played a decade or so too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    IDK if he's a guru or not, but anybody who automatically put our game against them in the "W" column needs to reassess. The good news is that the 49er's now have a good body of tape to look at. We won't be able to say that they snuck up on us, that's for sure.
    You seem to think a lot of fans on this board automatically assume the Steelers will win every week when, for the most part, that is not the case...

Ever since I watched a rookie Barry Foster let a kickoff roll dead at the 5 yard line, I've never assumed a trip to San Fran is a win...

Same thing with Seattle...

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel
    Luck is having a lesser year at Stanford after he left, while Alex Smith is having a career year.

Coincidence?
    Why does he look like Charlie Sheen?

Coincidence?
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS