Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: McQueary stopped Sandusky that night - per McQueary

Re: McQueary stopped Sandusky that night - per McQueary

If he did report it and the police dept did nothing about it (which is not out of the realm of possibility) of course the police dept is going to cover that up. LAPD does it, I am sure the police dept there would do it. Penn State runs that town.

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    Frankly, the showering doesn't bother me as much....

Say what? Well it bothers me. This wasnt at public pool it was alone with a child and no one around (or Sandusky thought), well after hours at a State University.

I am willing to bet that Sandusky did this (at the University), to show his victim that he has power and and that he can do something like this out in the open and not get in trouble for it. Think about it it. He could have easily taken this child or any child to a private place where no one could walk in on them. But he didn't. He chose many times to do it at the University.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

By the way, let's be clear here. Reporting something to the police doesn't necessarily mean they are going to file a report of the incident. I know of a case of child abuse where L.A. County Sheriff refused to file a case report due to lack of physical evidence. Regardless of what the child said that happened to them. And then in a second incident with this same child, there were hand and fingers prints all over the child's backside, and what appeared to be a heel print (from a shoe), on the child's thigh, and the Sheriff refused to file a report because as they said, it didnt happen in their city.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Jerry Sandusky's 'Victim Four' tells his story of alleged abuse for years by Sandusky as a surrogate father

Friday, November 18, 2011
    By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News

For Victim Four, it isn’t about a single shower. His story begins with a surrogate father and turns into a nightmare.

It is about several years of alleged abuse. It starts almost immediately after he meets legendary Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky. And after watching Sandusky proclaim his innocence on national television, Victim Four, as he is known in court papers, is more determined than ever.

"My client now has become even more adamant that he intends to testify and not waver from his grand jury presentment testimony," said his attorney, Ben Andreozzi.

The day they met, authorities said, Sandusky began to touch him. It happened in a swimming pool, and he remembers Sandusky testing his boundaries, authorities said. Victim Four met Jerry Sandusky when he was 12 or 13 during the boy’s second year with The Second Mile. But Sandusky was kind to the boy, and initially Victim Four thrived on the affection.

Then there were the showers — where authorities allege soap battles that would lead to indecent contact.

The two started working out together, playing sports together. The boy accompanied Sandusky to charity events, parties and on football trips. They had sleepovers in hotels. He even was part of the Sandusky family trip to two bowl games.

Now 27, Victim Four was a fixture in the Sandusky household as a child. And Sandusky, the youth’s attorney says, played two roles — that of a father and that of a molester.

"He had a very close relationship with Mr. Sandusky, and I think his relationship was similar to a familial relationship and I think that’s part of the reason it was initially so hard for my client to come forward," said Andreozzi, of Harrisburg, who also represents another man who says he was molested by Sandusky.

"He viewed him almost as a family member and he looked up to him because there were some things that Jerry was doing positive at the time," Andreozzi said.

Victim Four eventually came to know other assistant Penn State football coaches and their families. He was Sandusky’s guest at the coaches’ table at banquets. During hotel sleepovers, he told the grand jury, Sandusky would begin by wrestling him and end with a sexual assault.

Signs — like trips with boys and hotel room stays — might have been noticed sooner if Sandusky wasn’t viewed as being such a selfless, almost saintly community leader.

"Now we know it’s a little weird," Andreozzi said. "I think there are a number of instances, a number of people who were under the impression that Sandusky was an upstanding person in community."

Sandusky won the boy over through his generosity, according to the grand jury. He showered the boys with gifts, including clothing, a snowboard, Nike shoes, sports lessons, golf clubs, jerseys. He once gave him $50 to buy pot, and let him smoke it in his car, authorities say.

He included him in a Sports Illustrated photo and a video about Penn State’s linebackers. Sandusky guaranteed the boy a walk-on position on the Division I football team.

There was even more to the relationship. In 1999, Victim Four remembers Sandusky being distraught after meeting with Joe Paterno and being told he wouldn’t be the next head football coach.

Victim Four had become his confidant.

But as he got older, Victim Four began to distance himself. He would hide in closets when Sandusky came for him. He got a girlfriend.

After he came forward to police, Sandusky’s attorney began trying to discredit his story with examples of continued communication with Sandusky.

"Anyone that handles sexual assault cases on a regular basis understands that there is a complex relationship between the perpetrator and the victim, and that the perpetrator utilizes his control and power over the victim — and it’s extremely difficult for the victim to break free from the control," Andreozzi said.

Today, Victim Four is receiving a great deal of advice from his attorney. People have asked Andreozzi if Victim Four is angry with Dottie Sandusky, Jerry’s wife, or other members of the Sandusky household. They ask if he is angry with the football program. Or with former Penn State coach Joe Paterno?

"At this point, his anger is directed at Mr. Sandusky," Andreozzi said. "That does not mean that he excuses the actions of the others. It’s fair to say that he knew the Sandusky family quite well."

On Monday, Sandusky and his attorney made their prime-time debut. Sandusky, on NBC, denied all the abuse allegations. Sandusky admitted he might have made mistakes in being too touchy-feely during shared showers.

Many people were surprised that Sandusky did the interview and stunned by what he said. But those who are working with the victims said it actually might have been a good thing.

Since the interview, attorneys who represent crime victims have been fielding phone calls from people who say they were victims of Sandusky. Hearing him proclaim his innocence, "I bet we’ve gotten close to half-dozen to a dozen," Andreozzi said.

One of them is a man in his 30s who talked to police earlier this week. He will probably end up testifying before the grand jury, Andreozzi said. At least one has alleged abuse dating back to the 1970s.

"I think that Mr. Sandusky’s decision to speak to the media may have backfired," Andreozzi said.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... ur_te.html