Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troy Polamalu missed opportunity?

Starter

Re: Troy Polamalu missed opportunity?

OK - so Troy himself said he saw the ball the whole way AND he thought he could make a play on it. What other reason could there be other than he saw Clark coming and either didn't want to get creamed by him or decided to let him make a play on it?

Would like to see a YouTube clip of it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Eich
    OK - so Troy himself said he saw the ball the whole way AND he thought he could make a play on it. What other reason could there be other than he saw Clark coming and either didn't want to get creamed by him or decided to let him make a play on it?

Here is the clip.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/a-j-green ... wn-injury/

Quote Originally Posted by Eich

I was going for the whole pass interference angle. The reason I thought he might have lost sight of the ball, is because all he had to do was stick his friggin' hand up. Instead, he pulled back. Maybe I should look at that youtube clip before I start questioning Troy.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Okay...I just looked at the clip and this is what I believe happened. Troy was tracking the ball in, then he notices he's on sort of a collision course with Clark - just before Green makes his jump. He looks dead at Clark, taking his eye completely off the ball. It looks like by the time he sees it again, it's right in Green's breadbasket.

Who knows if he was able to track the ball, shift his vision to Clark, then relocate the ball at the last second. I do not doubt the man's word, when he says he saw it the whole way, but I'm not sure if he even realizes that he took his eyes off the ball to look at Clark.

Maybe he did relocate the ball and just couldn't react fast enough by the time he did.

All I know is that it was a piss-poor play, no matter how it came to be.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

I think it was a fluke. I think Troy might have thought Clark was possibly going to intercept it. To me it looked like Troy got lost for a moment with his thoughts. when they showed the play from the backside or from an end zone shot, Troys position didn't look that close as it did from a front view.

Pro Bowler

I think Troy might have thought Clark was possibly going to intercept it.
    Cmon, we all no this isnt true....
    Ryan has 11 INT's in almost 10 seasons of football

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    I think Troy might have thought Clark was possibly going to intercept it.
    Cmon, we all no this isnt true....
    Ryan has 11 INT's in almost 10 seasons of football

I didn't know his interception ratio was so poor. Probably comes from wanting to lay a receiver out than actually going for the pick.

Troy was thinking the same thing we were. "No way he catches this"

Plus I think Troy didn't want to interfere with the receiver and give them the ball at the 1. Fact is, he was thinking too much!!