Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My hate for the Bungholes

Re: My hate for the Bungholes

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    How can you not respect the way the Ravens play us? I don't like the coach but I respect their game. I don't respect the Bengals because they haven't done anything to deserve it.

The main reason I don't respect the Bengals is because their owner has been anti-active in putting a good team on the field, half the Bengals we're in trouble every other week and the fans are fair weather.

I think fans would find some respect for the Ravens if we beat them last time around.

I live in Bengals country. They have extremely fair weather fans. While I do respect that they aren't the "same old Bengals" I also know that they have to show that they can play with consistency. They have only played the Steelers once and haven't even played Baltimore at all yet.

Baltimore has built a tough team year in and out. They have an identity that has been established over time. I don't have to like them, but I do respect them.

Pro Bowler

respect is directly tied to relevance. until the bungles become more than a pleasant distraction twice a year I'm not going to waste much brainpower on them.

I respect the rats game - but not the individuals associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy
    Really? Who said that they respect the Ravens recently? The last time that I recall having a little respect for them was when they won the Super Bowl (which I believe was pre Ray stabbing fiasco).
    The Ravens SB was post-stabbing...

That's why MVP Ray Lewis watched while Trent "The Dilf" Dilfer said, "I'm going to Disneyworld!!"
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Really? Who said that they respect the Ravens recently? The last time that I recall having a little respect for them was when they won the Super Bowl (which I believe was pre Ray stabbing fiasco).

That's why MVP Ray Lewis watched while Trent "The Dilf" Dilfer said, "I'm going to Disneyworld!!"
    [youtube:183ihfae]9XZDzOGFXts[/youtube:183ihfae]

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick

wow Dilfer got to say it? There were 10 other players on D with more contributions than Dilfer

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Impressed With Bengals Rookie QB Andy Dalton

by Jason Garrison on Nov 14

Even though the Bengals lost to the Steelers in their Week 10 matchup on Sunday, that didn't stop Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger from being impressed by Bengals rookie quarterback Andy Dalton.

"He’s a good player. He spins the ball really well, especially with the wind. He was spinning it really well. He seems to be very cerebral. He knows what’s going on out there. I think that he is playing the best out of all the rookie quarterbacks. The other guys have numbers, but he makes some great throws. We were on the sideline — Byron (Leftwich), Charlie (Batch) and I — and we were saying ‘Oh, that’s a good throw.’ He makes good throws, he anticipates and I think he’s playing really well. I told him, ‘We’ll see you in a couple of weeks, but you’re playing lights out.’"

Dalton finished with his second lowest passer rating of the season (61.9) with 170 yards through the air for two touchdowns and two interceptions but he still leads all rookie quarterbacks in touchdown passes with 14 and he has an an average quarterback rating of 82.6.

Hey may not be the most exciting quarterback to watch but he's probably the most consistant and has the best chance to lead his team to the post season. Roethlisberger is right to be impressed.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/11/14/2 ... ie-qb-andy

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Impressed With Bengals Rookie QB Andy Dalton

by Jason Garrison on Nov 14

Even though the Bengals lost to the Steelers in their Week 10 matchup on Sunday, that didn't stop Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger from being impressed by Bengals rookie quarterback Andy Dalton.

"He’s a good player. He spins the ball really well, especially with the wind. He was spinning it really well. He seems to be very cerebral. He knows what’s going on out there. I think that he is playing the best out of all the rookie quarterbacks. The other guys have numbers, but he makes some great throws. We were on the sideline — Byron (Leftwich), Charlie (Batch) and I — and we were saying ‘Oh, that’s a good throw.’ He makes good throws, he anticipates and I think he’s playing really well. I told him, ‘We’ll see you in a couple of weeks, but you’re playing lights out.’"

Dalton finished with his second lowest passer rating of the season (61.9) with 170 yards through the air for two touchdowns and two interceptions but he still leads all rookie quarterbacks in touchdown passes with 14 and he has an an average quarterback rating of 82.6.

Hey may not be the most exciting quarterback to watch but he's probably the most consistant and has the best chance to lead his team to the post season. Roethlisberger is right to be impressed.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/11/14/2 ... ie-qb-andy
    Troy was admiring Dalton's work, too...so much so that he forgot to try to defend Dalton's pass to Green in the end zone...

Can Dalton overtake Newton as top rookie?

NOV 19
    By Jamison Hensley

What's the chances of the Bengals' Andy Dalton beating out the Panthers' Cam Newton for NFL offensive rookie of the year?

According to NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas, he doesn't have much of one. Yasinskas writes that Newton is a slam dunk to win the award with seven weeks remaining in the regular season.

Dalton has passed for 1,866 yards with 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions in leading the Bengals to a 6-3 record. Newton has thrown for 2,605 yards with 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions for the 2-7 Panthers.

"Is anybody really ready to call Dalton a franchise quarterback?," Yasinskas writes. "Yeah, I know it might be a little tempting because it’s been tough to even call the Bengals a franchise for most of the time they’ve been in the league. But Dalton is not Newton. He’s not even close."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Can Dalton overtake Newton as top rookie?

NOV 19
    By Jamison Hensley

What's the chances of the Bengals' Andy Dalton beating out the Panthers' Cam Newton for NFL offensive rookie of the year?

According to NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas, he doesn't have much of one. Yasinskas writes that Newton is a slam dunk to win the award with seven weeks remaining in the regular season.

Dalton has passed for 1,866 yards with 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions in leading the Bengals to a 6-3 record. Newton has thrown for 2,605 yards with 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions for the 2-7 Panthers.

"Is anybody really ready to call Dalton a franchise quarterback?," Yasinskas writes. "Yeah, I know it might be a little tempting because it’s been tough to even call the Bengals a franchise for most of the time they’ve been in the league. But Dalton is not Newton. He’s not even close."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth
    If I were drafting a team right now...after watching Dalton play last week...I absolutely select him before Newton as my franchise QB

Legend

I'd take Cam and it's not even close. Dalton is in a good position with the Bengals D but he did throw 2 passes that Gay was able to make plays on... William Gay.