Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Fantasy Question?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

OT: Fantasy Question?

I have four WR's and need to start two!!!

Larry Fitzgerald vs. Philly
    Antonio Brown vs. Cincy (already start Wallace)
    Eric Decker vs. KC
    Steve Breaston vs. Den

I need to pick two of these and not sure which way to go?? HELP!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: OT: Fantasy Question?

Fitz and Brown.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd go Decker and Brown. Playing it safe though I'd probably go Fitz and Brown. fitz is going up against Philly's DB's with John Skeleton throwing him the ball. Brown is going to light it up against the Bengals because we wont be able to run very well against them and Sanders is out.

Decker always seems to have at least one score, but on the down side Tebow would rather run it then throw it. It'd be tough to sit Fitz but considering everything I'd go Decker/Brown. Breaston isnt going to bust out 2 weeks in a row.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope you ignored me and started Fitz
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chavezz
    Fitz and Brown.
    good call...

Cards' Fitzgerald finally gets breakout game

By Associated Press
    Thursday, November 17, 2011

TEMPE, Ariz. — For all the records he has broken and honors he has received, Larry Fitzgerald never had been named offensive player of the week in the NFC.

Until now.

Fitzgerald caught seven passes for a season-high 146 yards and two touchdowns in Arizona's 21-17 victory at Philadelphia last Sunday. The last reception was a circus over-the-shoulder 37-yard catch to the Eagles' 1-yard line to set up the winning score, a play that had his teammates shaking their heads in disbelief.

"We do all get a little bit numb to his spectacular plays, but some of the catches he made this game and the concentration and traffic, the timing of it, it was just phenomenal," said injured quarterback Kevin Kolb, who watched it all from the sidelines. "The concentration, I'm not sure anybody else in the league can make that type of play, and that's why he's the best in the league in our opinion."

Fitzgerald's two TD catches gave him 70 for his career, breaking Roy Green's franchise record for touchdowns by any player, the latest in the multitude of franchise marks he holds — and he's still only 28 years old.

Fitzgerald would not say he was in "a zone" against the Eagles. The zone, he said, was back in the 2008 season, when he shattered virtually every postseason receiving record in Arizona's run to the Super Bowl.

Against Philadelphia, he said, "I felt good, I felt comfortable, I felt confident out there, but it wasn't any different than any other game."

Coach Ken Whisenhunt has leaned on Fitzgerald's leadership through the tough times. Known for being a perfectionist, even in practice, Fitzgerald is an example for younger players, Whisenhunt said. Rookie cornerback Patrick Peterson has talked about how going against Fitzgerald every day in practice, and watching his work ethic, has taught him how to succeed in the NFL.

"Larry has always been a guy that has worked hard. I think that other players, when you see the production that he has, when you see the way he works on the field every day, you have that natural leadership ability," Whisenhunt said. "Where Larry has gotten a lot better is bringing the younger guys along and talking to them and taking that type of role. That's an important part of building chemistry and camaraderie, guys believing and feeling good about each other."

Fitzgerald had two 100-yard receiving games early in the season, but for the most part he has had to play the role of decoy, drawing a crowd of defenders and hopefully leaving it to others to be open. It didn't help that new quarterback Kolb had a tough time adjusting to the new offense.

Kolb has missed the last two games with right foot injuries, and backup John Skelton, despite some struggles, has brought the team back in the fourth quarter for two victories in a row. Skelton said he's had to realize that what's considered open for any other receiver does not apply to Fitzgerald.

"He also lobbies to say that he is always open," Skelton said. "Those windows are always small, but for Larry, they kind of open back up a little bit."

Fitzgerald said the 37-yarder was not designed to go to him. He was supposed to take the defender, or defenders, deep to clear it out for a receiver underneath.

"It was designed to go underneath to get the first down and John saw a matchup and he just threw it to me," Fitzgerald said. "If we ran that play 10 times I would say he would maybe throw it to me once. He's just that kind of guy. If he sees a matchup, he's going to take advantage of it."

Fitzgerald goes into Sunday's game at San Francisco four yards shy of 9,000 yards receiving for his career. If he makes it — at 28 years, 81 days — he would be the second-youngest player to achieve that mark. Randy Moss was the youngest at 27 years, 310 days.

Despite Arizona's offensive struggles, he is averaging 17.6 yards per catch this year, four yards more than his career average. He has nine catches of more than 25 yards.

Fitzgerald has often said he strives to be the best receiver in NFL history. He chooses not to reflect, at least publicly, on his accomplishments to date, or revel in one super catch or another.

"I'm in the midst of my career right now," he said. "I'm always searching and trying to find ways to improve, to be honest with you. When I'm done playing and (his son) Devin's in high school one day and he's telling me how much better he is than me, I'm probably going to pull out the tape and show him."

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_767741.html#ixzz1dzhe3Kfe"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1dzhe3Kfe[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Kate Mara.

Wait, what was the question?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel
    Kate Mara.

Wait, what was the question?
    I suspect that having family in high places of both a prominent NFC team as well as a prominent AFC team (that we all hold dear to our hearts), she could provide some solid fantasy football advice while fulfilling other fantasies as well.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I started Fitz and Decker and it worked out pretty darn well. I wish I could get those kind of numbers out of Fitz every week!!! I got lucky with Decker so.....I will take it!!! I think A. Brown and Wallace need to start every week for me from here on out though!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    I started Fitz and Decker and it worked out pretty darn well. I wish I could get those kind of numbers out of Fitz every week!!! I got lucky with Decker so.....I will take it!!! I think A. Brown and Wallace need to start every week for me from here on out though!
    Don't start Decker this week though. I predict a zero.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    Don't start Decker this week though. I predict a zero.

I wouldn't start Mike Wallace or Antonio Brown this week either, I predict a zero for both of them also.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha