Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: OT: Penn State trustees fire Joe Paterno

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: OT: Penn State trustees fire Joe Paterno

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    "Joe doesn't know why [Sandusky] resigned?" says a former athletic director at a rival institution. "Bull----. That was the first cover-up. … In '99, when Sandusky resigns, you think this coaching staff didn't know what was going on?"
    I think you will see a lot more sentiments such as this and what Switzer came out and said. You have to be naive to believe Joe didn't know everything going on with the team and in the town. You don't get that level of power without being ruthless and having contacts (in the police and administration) feeding you information.
    But don't stop there...The same goes for everyone above. If you are going to assume or say Joe Paterno should have known...The same could be said for everyone above him. Those people had the power to drop the hammer on Sandusky. Those people had the power to tell Sandusky do not come around PSU. But that would have brought attention to the situation. They chose a different path. Those people exist...They fired Joe Paterno & others stepped down.
    I haven't stopped there. Earlier in this thread I stated I thought the police, The DA's office, upper levels of the PSU Administration, other coaches on the staff, and people at Sandusky's charity ALL were involved in some sort of cover up. I don't see how this could happen any other way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: OT: Penn State trustees fire Joe Paterno

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini says game vs. Penn State shouldn't have been played

Staff Report - The Sporting News
    11/14/11

Bo Pelini believes it would have been better if Nebraska and Penn State had not played Saturday. (AP Photo)

On Saturday, Nebraska beat Penn State 17-14 at State College, Pa.

The game was overshadowed—as everyone knew it would be—by the child sex scandal investigation of former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky and the subsequent firing of legendary head coach Joe Paterno.

At least one person questioned whether the game should be played—the head coach on the winning sideline.

“I’ll be honest with you, going into this football game, I didn’t think the game should have been played—for a lot of different reasons,” Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said. “I look at my job as a football coach is to educate, and to prepare the kids that come into the program for life.”

Pelini said he felt it was an opportunity to show where football fell in the pecking order.

“I thought that this game gave us an opportunity to show that the situation going on is bigger than football. It is bigger than the football game that was just played. It is bigger than the young men that played in the game that would have missed it, had they called it off,” Pelini continued. “It’s about education and putting things into perspective what the situation is all about. Hopefully, the fact that both teams sat up and prayed together put that in perspective a little bit.

“It’s about what doing what's right in society. It’s about doing what’s right and wrong. Trust me, when I tell you, I don’t know the specifics of the situation and I am not judging anybody. But the fact is young kids were hurt and that's a crime in itself. Like I said, it is a lot bigger than football, the NCAA, the Big Ten and anything else.”

Pelini has a 12-year-old son and that helped him put things in perspective.

“I think there were a lot of young kids, all week, with all the things going on and watching ESPN were really confused for a lot of different reasons,” Pelini said. “There is a lot out there that people do not know and a lot of speculation. It’s not about the adults, football or anything else. It’s about education to the youth. I think that gets lost in whole situation. If we all come out of this thing or whatever comes out of it, we learn from it. So nothing like that happens again.”

[url="http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-11-14/nebraska-coach-bo-pelini-says-game-vs-penn-state-shouldnt-have-been-played#ixzz1dkZkYX5R"]http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... z1dkZkYX5R[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha