Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was the Officiating Off

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Was the Officiating Off

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    The Clark late hit penalty out of bounds seemed borderline as Gronkowski wasn't that far out of bounds.
    Late is late, dumb play by Clark
    I actually don't think the hit was late or out of bounds. Watching the replay in slo-mo, it looked to me like Clark made contact with the Cheater while he was in bounds.

The problem was that the initial contact was helmet-to-helmet and that's what he was flagged for. Clark needs to be more careful with his head. He makes a lot of helmet-to-helmet contact with his hits.
    I thought the hit just prior to Clark had pushed the player outside the boundary and then Clark came in with his high hit. I don't recall exactly, but it seems he was OOB when he got hit. You're right about Clark he isn't changing the way he hits. I hope it doesn't cost the Steelers at some point in time.

Pappy
    I didn't see the replay on that one, but from what I saw on the live play, I thought Gronkowski was still trying to get up field with the ball and hadn't gone out of bounds with the prior hit.

He's gotta be the hardest guy to bring down in the NFL, unless you're Cortez Allen

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would say most of the penalties were indeed penalties, and we probably got away with a couple things. But it happens....one thing I didn't like was the ref on the Pats sideline twice didn't throw the flag right away, until the Pats coaches ran up to him and complained.

-Troy punching the ball is perfectly legal. Phil Simms is a moron.

-I thought Vince Wilfork tried to take out Ben's knee when he rolled up on Ben injuring his foot. You can see Wilfork in pursuit and he didn't trip over anything but simply threw his body onto the ground and log rolled up on Ben's leg. I hate Wilfork and think he is as dirty as it gets.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the officiating was the same as it usually is. They miss some calls and make some bad ones. I don't think the officials have anything against us or are for the Pats*. The really head scratcher for me was the PI called about 10 seconds after the play was over. How in the hell does it take the official that long to throw the flag?

On the Clark play initially I was screaming at him. How could he be so stupid? Then when I saw the replay I realized Gronkowski was tiptoeing down the sideline and had just stepped out of bounds right before Clark hit him. I apologized to Clark for all the nasty things I was saying about him ... I just hope he heard me. :P
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought Vince Wilfork tried to take out Ben's knee when he rolled up on Ben injuring his foot. You can see Wilfork in pursuit and he didn't trip over anything but simply threw his body onto the ground and log rolled up on Ben's leg. I hate Wilfork and think he is as dirty as it gets.
    IIRC fatboy was blocked into Ben on that play...
    I do agree he is one dirty S.O.B.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought the refs were more concerned with throwing the flag at the Steelers than the Pats. Example: Woodley takes a punch to the head on the sidelines and not one flag gets thrown.