Thread: Question about the P*ts 2nd TD...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Question about the P*ts 2nd TD...

In the replays, #77 of the P*ts is shown in the endzone jumping for the ball thinking he has a chance to catch it - clearly revealing he was a potential target. So...was it ever announced he was an eligible receiver? If not, he was an ineligible WR downfield & him touching the ball would've been illegal...did the refs miss this or did the broadcast miss it?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Question about the P*ts 2nd TD...

the refs did NOT announce him as eligible. i didn't notice that part of the play.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If he didn't actually touch the ball, is it still a penalty?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, it would be a penalty if he wasn't announced. ineligible man downfield.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    In the replays, #77 of the P*ts is shown in the endzone jumping for the ball thinking he has a chance to catch it - clearly revealing he was a potential target. So...was it ever announced he was an eligible receiver? If not, he was an ineligible WR downfield & him touching the ball would've been illegal...did the refs miss this or did the broadcast miss it?
    I thought it was #87 that prevented Gay from knocking that ball down. I don't think it was a lineman.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!