Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Occupy Wall Street?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Occupy Wall Street?

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    If these people put as much effort into getting a job, unemployment wouldn't be so high.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of effort and creativity people can put into complaining. If they could only channel those efforts into something positive, we'd all be in much better shape right now as a country.

I bet no one in the "1%" ever got there by joining one of these protests.
    Maybe finding jobs would be easier if they'd stop signing free trade agreements that shipped jobs to third world countries. How anyone thinks it's a good thing is beyond me. I don't know why anyone would think that ANY of these insane dictators that we're working with would actually share wealth with their people. I really hope that when it's time to go to China or Columbia to get these a$$holes out of power people remember who lined their pockets.
    I don't get why anyone wouldn't want free trade. It could effectively lower costs for everyone and take advantage of a worldwide economy.

So we have to compete with billions of people for jobs. It's a net positive if we can adapt. It frees up the enterprising people in America to start businesses and lifts everyone out of menial jobs.

At one time 98% of Americans made money farming. Then along came the industrial revolution and farming was around 2-3% of our economy 100 years later. And everyone had so much more post industrial revolution.

Once we tear down borders and think of people as people and work together in a world economy, we'll all be the richer for it in the long run.

The internet has effectively broken the barriers between countries and languages and culture. It's only a matter of time until governments catch up to the walls that have already been removed between people.

I say send jobs to India, Brazil, China, Russia, etc. A rising tide lifts all boats. The economy is driven by the consumer. 70%. The richer all the people in the world become, the more money that will drive the economy and we'll all be better off for it.

I hate the idea of nationalism. There's really no reason 3rd world countries shouldn't have the same opportunities that we do.

Gov'ts around the world just need to get out of the way and let people prosper.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If these people put as much effort into getting a job, unemployment wouldn't be so high.
    Or, some people have to work two jobs because one of the companies they work for only
    made a billion dollar profit last quarter and they can't afford to hire more full time
    employees in these "tough economic times."

Oh yeah, and they took away our Christmas bonus, which believe it or not was a turkey
    voucher. Yep, a turkey voucher. Oh, and it would be nice if they could turn the heat on
    in the winter so freezing employees don't have to break the lock off the thermostat.

I'm not asking anyone to spread the wealth, but how much is enough?
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Or, some people have to work two jobs because one of the companies they work for only
    made a billion dollar profit last quarter and they can't afford to hire more full time
    employees in these "tough economic times."

Oh yeah, and they took away our Christmas bonus, which believe it or not was a turkey
    voucher. Yep, a turkey voucher. Oh, and it would be nice if they could turn the heat on
    in the winter so freezing employees don't have to break the lock off the thermostat.

I'm not asking anyone to spread the wealth, but how much is enough?
    They could have enrolled you in a jelly of the month club...

Quote Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold
    Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The jelly of the month club would be an improvement.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

That's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

They're angry at the banks for receiving bailouts (so am I) but there is no anger towards to the politicians who gave our money to the banks. Instead, they want even bigger government to redistribute the wealth.

Sounds like a budding communist revolution to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet no one in the "1%" ever got there by joining one of these protests.
    They're too busy paying 38% of the tax bill, which according to the leftists is not their "fair share".

The 50% of people who don't pay federal income tax had better hope things don't get "fair" anytime soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of effort and creativity people can put into complaining. If they could only channel those efforts into something positive, we'd all be in much better shape right now as a country.

I bet no one in the "1%" ever got there by joining one of these protests
    They don't have to join protests - they just rob and steal from the 99%. They stay a lot warmer that way, and they get to take showers too!
    Rob and steal? You're thinking of Congress. You choose to give your money to a private company. You are forced at the point of a gun to give it to Washington.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gov'ts around the world just need to get out of the way and let people prosper.
    I've only been here a few days, but I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

Legend

User Info Menu

That's the problem. We've come to expect bonuses and perks as human rights. It was nice when companies would provide full health care, matching 401k, bonuses, etc. I'm sure nobody thanked them when they did, but they sure damn them when they don't go above and beyond their contractual agreement when they hired you.

Which was to pay you for working.

America has become pillow soft. If Brokaw's generation was the greatest, this may be the weakest.