Thread: Ipod question

Legend

User Info Menu

Ipod question

My boy wants an Ipod for Christmas and I really know nothing about them. What should I get him? I want him to have the best one out there but I don't want him to have access to the internet.

Any ideas?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ipod question

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    My boy wants an Ipod for Christmas and I really know nothing about them. What should I get him? I want him to have the best one out there but I don't want him to have access to the internet.

Any ideas?
    Hey DJ - the only thing I know about iPods is because my son has one, but I'm pretty sure they don't connect to the internet, they're just like Walkmans used to be.

I'd preload it for your son with all the Steeler.com podcasts, that's a good Dad!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The best Ipod is the Touch, but it's wifi capable. The others are just regular MP3 players. If you aren't going with a Touch, I'd go with the classic.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the Nano. But, if your son is old enough for a phone...you can get an iphone 3 for free right now. And that has an ipod function built into the phone.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you're trying to get only music go with a classic. I have two, an 80gb and a 160 gb. they're the best value. and they hold like 50,000 songs (as if they need that many). They can also be used for a back up hard drive (I put a back up of my classwork on mine). the nano is cool, but I think I'd lose it. it's too damn small. I bought a friend an ipod touch and she loves it... unfortunately it can get internet..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have a classic and I love it (although I need one with a larger drive). Thinking about buying two more.

It does not have internet access.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

ricapritts

They can also be used for a back up hard drive (I put a back up of my classwork on mine). the nano is cool, but I think I'd lose it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ricapritts
    They can also be used for a back up hard drive (I put a back up of my classwork on mine). the nano is cool, but I think I'd lose it.
    echo?