Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starks Expected to Return to Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Starks Expected to Return to Steelers

Per Alby Oxenreiter:

Breaking story: I've learned that Max Starks visited the #Steelers South Side facility this evening. Expect Starks to be signed soon. #WPXI
    I never thought that I'd be so happy to hear that Starks may be a part of the team. Amazing how a few games started by Jon Scott and company can change your perspective...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Starks Expected to Return to Steelers

Well, not surprised to be honest. Season saving signing?

Who gets punted to make way? Arnaz?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can he play Right DE, ROLB, Kicker, Fullback or Guard??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

Arnaz is a great choice, but if it's an OL then Chris Scott might get punted.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

This is the best news I've heard in a while.

I like a starting OL of Starks-Kemoeatu-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert with Legursky and Jon Scott as gameday backups.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe the money is coming right from ben's salary under the table

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Post-Gazette is now reporting it

[url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11277/1179726-100.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11277/1179726-100.stm[/url]
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this makes me happy.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

My money is on Jamon Meredith. It would be strange to cut a team captain, anyone remember the last time the Steelers (or any NFL team for that matter) have done that?
    Some people subscribe to a permanent stasis of wishful thinking. They like to believe the world is made of marshmallows and filled with butterflies. I don't.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    This is the best news I've heard in a while.

I like a starting OL of Starks-Kemoeatu-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert with Legursky and Jon Scott as gameday backups.
    It really is a huge signing, especially if he plays well. I had hoped one of the guys would return and I'm glad it's Max. I've also been impressed with Gilbert and once he's 100% healthy and continues to get game time under his belt he could really start to be a big difference maker. Hopefully the potential difficulty of playing without Harrison for a bit will light some fire under the ass of our defense. It's still way early and with our CB play as of late it's not all doom and gloom for me. (It's not my style anyway) We may also see the rookie CB's a bite soon, specifically Brown. We may have a "down year' this year BUT the Steelers certainly aren't down and out. We have youth at a lot of positions and it's promising youth. Big boost when Max returns.