Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worilds

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Worilds

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    I have a problem with that. Sorry some of you can not see the big picture on his.
    So basically you are saying that Woodley is a one dimensional player that can only rush the QB...I respectfully disagree because Ive seen Woodley with my own eyes play at a higher level in all aspects of the game than he is right now..
    Maybe he is unmotivated because he's not getting to rush the QB, but whatever it is he is a part of the problem at this moment...
    No..I am not saying that at all. But of the three areas his position requires, rushing the passer is by far his strength. And he is being asked this season to do that less than the other areas. And as a result, Steelers fans are complaining that he isnt making plays.
    That's an exaggeration. I read a stat somewhere recently that showed Woodley is actually only dropping in coverage less than 1/3 of the time...so I ask, along with Doogie, what is he doing with the opportunities he DOES have to rush the passer?

Looks to me like he's getting beaten, manhandled, failing, and sometimes, just quitting on plays.

He should be glad I'm not the head coach. I'd sit his sorry ar$$$e on the bench and give someone else a chance to play.
    Who? Chris Carter???
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

How many players on our D are over 30? 7, 8???

Maybe Sapp had a point.

We look slow on D and our blitzes are in slow motion (except for Troy)
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    How many players on our D are over 30? 7, 8???

Maybe Sapp had a point.

We look slow on D and our blitzes are in slow motion (except for Troy)
    Our main blitzers are young guys or athletes: Woodley, Timmons, Taylor, Polamalu Harrison is the only guy that is over 30 that isn't an elite athlete (Taylor and Polamalu) and he brings it every play. Throw Farrior in as old and slow, so you have one out of 6 that is old and slow. The people responsible for rushing the passer are young or athletes our pass rush shouldn't look old and slow, IMO.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I have a problem with that. Sorry some of you can not see the big picture on his.
    So basically you are saying that Woodley is a one dimensional player that can only rush the QB...I respectfully disagree because Ive seen Woodley with my own eyes play at a higher level in all aspects of the game than he is right now..
    Maybe he is unmotivated because he's not getting to rush the QB, but whatever it is he is a part of the problem at this moment...
    I have to agree with you. I have seen Woodley in coverage, in run support and rushing the QB. While he is made to rush the QB, he has always been reasonably strong in run support as well. Where he struggled was in pass coverage but even that improved. He is struggling in all areas of the game this season. Is part of the reason the play calling and how they are using him? Probably. I just don't think that is the whole answer.
    I have been lurking on a lot of these type of issues but frankly dont feel much like getting into the black and white frey...either he is or he is not. We are discussing complex scenarios and i suspect the answer is never one thing or another. It is the blend of factors that makes these things so hard to diagnose and so fun to discuss. Both sides are right on this...hes not used properly and hes sucking on all cylinders.

Maybe teams have studied our tendencies and realize they can manipulate him into coverage, and away from their QB, if they call certain plays. Maybe he is complacent with his contract...perhaps he doesnt detest losing as much as some others? Id say those factors all play some role, its a phase hes going through.

Regarding Worilds, he is not exactly evoking images of Greg Lloyd out there. In fact id go so far as to say he plays the opposite...light on his feet. Im looking at Carter to 'eventually slide into that position when James Harrisons back fails and he is punished out of the league'.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    No..I am not saying that at all. But of the three areas his position requires, rushing the passer is by far his strength. And he is being asked this season to do that less than the other areas. And as a result, Steelers fans are complaining that he isnt making plays.
    That's an exaggeration. I read a stat somewhere recently that showed Woodley is actually only dropping in coverage less than 1/3 of the time...so I ask, along with Doogie, what is he doing with the opportunities he DOES have to rush the passer?

Looks to me like he's getting beaten, manhandled, failing, and sometimes, just quitting on plays.

He should be glad I'm not the head coach. I'd sit his sorry ar$$$e on the bench and give someone else a chance to play.
    Who? Chris Carter???
    Chris Carter, Mad Dog Carter, heck, I might even try Jimmy Carter at this point. Could any of them play much worse than Woodley has so far this season?

Seriously, give Carter some playing time. You never know--he might make a few plays.
    And maybe it would light a fire under Big Dudley.