Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movies

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Favorite Movies

The Seagal movies are too he-man for me so I don't watch them. I don't care for the guy on top of that so.....not going to watch them.

I have an older friend that's like 60 years old and he never watched, " It's A Wonderful Life. " I thought everyone must have watched it by now. They run the movie 24/7 during Christmas.

Legend

User Info Menu

1) Shawshank Redemption-there isn't another movie even close.
    2) Matrix
    3) Man on Fire
    4) Rounders
    5) Good Will Hunting
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm going to need to watch goodwill hunting. I hear so much positive on it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I always get sucked into Rounders again whenever its on (although the Oreo tell was way too obvious).

Not a big Matrix guy though. Can't get past the Keanu thing. Should have stuck to his Ted "Theodore" Logan roles, since that's about the extent of his acting range (although he is unintentially funny in bad movies like "Point Break"...I AM AN EFF BEE EYE AGENT!!! )

Haven't seen Man on Fire. When I first read it quickly, I thought you wrote Man on Wire, and thought for a second that you really like the documentary about the guy who walked a tightrope between the World Trade Center towers.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I always get sucked into Rounders again whenever its on (although the Oreo tell was way too obvious).

Not a big Matrix guy though. Can't get past the Keanu thing. Should have stuck to his Ted "Theodore" Logan roles, since that's about the extent of his acting range (although he is unintentially funny in bad movies like "Point Break"...I AM AN EFF BEE EYE AGENT!!! )

Haven't seen Man on Fire. When I first read it quickly, I thought you wrote Man on Wire, and thought for a second that you really like the documentary about the guy who walked a tightrope between the World Trade Center towers.
    The only movie I have liked Keanu in was the Matrix. And I believe he pulled it off because he didn't have to make any facial expressions.

Man on Fire displays Denzel's amazing acting skills. I'm a sucker for bad guy looking for redemption movies, and ultimately that was the story underneath the story. The ending is just classic. It is one of the best movies ever made in my book.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I also enjoy the older movies such as the Clint Eastwood movies to name one favorite actor.
    I can watch The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly all day long. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Agreed that Shawshank is number 1 of all time.

Nothing wrong with the BTTF trilogy.

I used to be somewhat of a movie know-it-all until I had children, so I'm not up to
    date on the new stuff since I've been on Disney since 2005. Which reminds, Cinderella
    is my #1 animated Disney feature of all time. The look on the step mothers face when
    she realizes Cinderella has the other slipper is priceless. The bitch gets served right there.

I love the 90's comedy flicks. Dumb and Dumber, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The
    Wedding Singer, Tommy Boy. Just about anything like that always gives me a good
    laugh.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've been watching a lot of old stuff of late. I have a camp in Coudersport Pennsylvania. I try to go up every other weekend because I'm renovating it. Breakfast lunch and dinner I use as my work breaks and I watch movies that I buy during my break time. I pick the movies up at Big Lots, Dollar stores, Wal-Mart and sometimes through amazon. I usually buy the less expensive movies and action or suspense type stuff is my favorite. I get enough of the kid stuff at home.
    I did pickup this movie called the Ugly Truth for $5.00 and it was hilarious. Can't watch it around the kids.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of a John Wayne movie I'm trying to look up ?

In this particular movie JW is a cop/detective and I believe he has a green mustang that he drives in the movie.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brannigan or McQ However in McQ he drove a green 1970 Firebird. In Brannigan he spent most of the movie in London. Now Steve McQueen drove a green 1968 mustang in Bullit.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ha, ha, dude, you know your cars and your movies. Thanks very much and your correct. I want to buy those two movies to take up to my camp since I have no cable or dish.

I just watched the Bourne Identity movie this weekend and it was pretty good. The only trouble I had with the movie was, the chick in the movie wasn't good looking at all.