Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movies

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Favorite Movies

I enjoy watching war movies, suspense type movies. I also enjoy the older movies such as the Clint Eastwood movies to name one favorite actor.

I thought I had seen all of Clints movies until I discovered one he was in titled " Where Eagles Dare. "
    Just a couple of weeks ago I was buying DVD's and there it was so I bought it.
    I thought it was a good/great movie, good plot and a good ending. Never really knew who to trust in the movie until the end.

My one buddy likes war movies, blood and guts movies and so, I told him about "Where Eagles Dare" and he watched it.

He said, he and his son along with his wife thought it was the worse movie they have ever watched.

I could understand if he thought it was just okay but, to say it was the worse movie ever..........

Has anyone ever watched "Where Eagles Dare ? "
    If you have, what was your opinion on it ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Favorite Movies

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I enjoy watching war movies, suspense type movies. I also enjoy the older movies such as the Clint Eastwood movies to name one favorite actor.

I thought I had seen all of Clints movies until I discovered one he was in titled " Where Eagles Dare. "
    Just a couple of weeks ago I was buying DVD's and there it was so I bought it.
    I thought it was a good/great movie, good plot and a good ending. Never really knew who to trust in the movie until the end.

My one buddy likes war movies, blood and guts movies and so, I told him about "Where Eagles Dare" and he watched it.

He said, he and his son along with his wife thought it was the worse movie they have ever watched.

I could understand if he thought it was just okay but, to say it was the worse movie ever..........

Has anyone ever watched "Where Eagles Dare ? "
    If you have, what was your opinion on it ?

We must have the same taste in movies, yes I have seen Where Eagles Dare a very good movie

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response. What I like about the old movies, they seem more original, they do a lot more with the lighting, camera zooms, background music and scenery for a few things. The acting seems better but most of all, they didn't have all the computer affects to help the movie along.

Other movies I like iare Stalag 17.

No Country For Old Men

to name a couple.

Legend

User Info Menu

Certain movies suck me in every time no matter what. Shawshank, of course. All guys love that movie. It's universal. Every guy I know has that movie in his top 5, it seems.

I'm also a sucker for moronic comedies. Classics like Monty Python and the Holy Grail get me every time. Guess that makes me a nerd. Which I am. Knights who say Ni. Tim the Enchanter. The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. Ducks who weigh the same as witches. Love it.

And there is something about the Blues Brothers that hits a chord. A combination of laughs, absurd car chases, and excellent music...

I'll be monitoring this thread regularly, because I can't wait to find out what Jigawatts favorite movie is...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shawshank is excellent. A Few Good Men movie is another one that I like. I never seen the other movies you mentioned but, I'll need to check them out.

Something About Mary
    Harold and Kumar
    Animal House
    Porky's
    to name a few are some of the comedies I enjoy.

I work with a guy that is 30 years old and never watched a Clint Eastwood movie or Animal house.

His whole life is nothing but sports, work and his kids and he said he just doesn't watch TV. I can appreciate that but, to never watch a Dirty Harry movie, it's just not right.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My girlfriend and I have been working our way through Krzysztof Kie?lowski's movies over the last few months. Certainly not action packed -- but very good cerebral films. Before that we worked our way through just about all of Akira Kurosawa's filmography. We've also been watching some Jean-Luc Godard films.

I do like a few films where **** is blowing up all over the place and somebody is trying to kill somebody or whatever. But they turn cheap pretty quickly in my view -- so they have to be done well.

Even Fistful of Dollars wore on me after a bit because I had seen Yojimbo first.

No Country is awesome, though -- it is probably one of my all time favorites.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

snarky, at the end of No Country it kind of left me and my buddies stumped. WTH was Tommy Lee babling about ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have no idea what he was on about at the end there. I tune it out every time I see that film and only barely remember that it was some nonsense about his father. I have no idea why the Cohen brothers felt the need to put that in there. The story was awesome and didn't need any sort of framing device.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Did you notice outside the window behind him there wer two trees ?

One was dead and one was still alive and I thought that, might have been some sort of ................... eh.....I have no idea.

I thought Woody played a good part and I loved when he knew he was a dead man that, he spoke his mind to the killer about the killer being a nut.

The entire movie was good except for the blah, blah ending.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Killing time watching the Jets and Chargers and listening to Sims as he is intoxicated by the smell of JETSjocks and slobbering all over them. Anyway, found this thread, wanted to comment.

John Sayles movies are favorites, and the best of them is Lone Star, which I've watched probably 12 times by now. He also did Brother From Another Planet, which is quite funny. His movies tend to be studies in the human condition, matters of race, politics, geography, relationships.

I enjoy Clint Eastwood movies, and Steven Seagal movies (they are so campy).

Sadly, never have seen Shawshank.