Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Favorite Movies

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Favorite Movies

"Where Eagles Dare" is one of my favorites...

Some of my top movies: Keep in mine that I go to the movies to
    escape from real world so, I'm not looking to be upset or sad
    when I leave... There is a lot more movies including comedies and
    feel good movies that I like....

- Kelly's heroes (1970)
    - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
    - Heartbreak Ridge (1986)
    - Die Hard (all of them)
    - Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987)
    - The Warriors (1979)
    - Matrix (1990)
    - By Dawn's Early Light (TV 1990)
    - Stargate (1994)
    - Dirty Harry (all of them)
    - Executive Decision (1996)
    - Animal House
    - The Hunt for Red October (1990)
    - Crimson Tide (1995)
    - The Final Countdown (1980)
    - Superman (all of them)
    - Batman (all of them)
    - Gladiator (1990)
    - 300 (2006)
    - Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
    - Taken (200
    - Enter the Dragon (1973)
    - The Expendables (2010)
    - Good Will Hunting (1997)
    - Beautiful Girls (1996)
    - Mission: Impossible (all of them and old TV series)

Sword

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm a huge Batman fan so much, I'm building a life size Batmobile like the one from the 1966 TV series. The series was campy but, I loved the batmobile, Batgirl and Catwomen.
    I have to say, I'm disappointed in the Batman movies, too dark or gloomy. The last one was probably best of all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Favorites:
    Gladiator
    Momento
    Mullholland Drive
    Moulin Rouge
    Godfather
    The Usual Suspects
    Unthinkable
    Goodfellas
    Rocky
    American Psycho
    Vanilla Sky
    What Dreams May Come
    existenz
    Memento? Mulland drive? Usual suspects? dude, this list...you're a Man after my own heart... gonna have to find existenz - if you like it, i bet i will...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Favorites:
    Gladiator
    Momento
    Mullholland Drive
    Moulin Rouge
    Godfather
    The Usual Suspects
    Unthinkable
    Goodfellas
    Rocky
    American Psycho
    Vanilla Sky
    What Dreams May Come
    existenz
    Memento? Mulland drive? Usual suspects? dude, this list...you're a Man after my own heart... gonna have to find existenz - if you like it, i bet i will...

Moulin Rouge,, I thought that was a chick flick ?

I'm not into a lot of special affects and shoot em up, blowing up stuff. I like it but, I don't want that to be the only thing the movie has to offer. I love the good guy against the bad guy kind of stuff and a plot along with some good action and then shooting up the place sprinked in with some car chases and a couple of things getting exploded.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig

I'm not into a lot of special affects and shoot em up, blowing up stuff. I like it but, I don't want that to be the only thing the movie has to offer. I love the good guy against the bad guy kind of stuff and a plot along with some good action and then shooting up the place sprinked in with some car chases and a couple of things getting exploded.
    None of that stuff is in Moulin Rouge. It's just Obi-Wan Kenobi (the new one, not Sir Alec Guinness) singing with Nicole Kidman the whole time. My wife loves it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I heard or read the original obi one was arrested years before starwars for trying to pick up an uncover cop. a male cop at that.

i could never come up with a good joke for that one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Favorites:
    Gladiator
    Momento
    Mullholland Drive
    Moulin Rouge
    Godfather
    The Usual Suspects
    Unthinkable
    Goodfellas
    Rocky
    American Psycho
    Vanilla Sky
    What Dreams May Come
    existenz
    Good to see you around bro. Hope life's been treating you well these days.

existenz was kinda like a matrix type of movie that was a little darker and pushed a little more into the blurred lines of what is real? It was one of those movies I'd never heard about but just happened to watch on HBO one day a long time ago. i hope you like it. it was different.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig

None of that stuff is in Moulin Rouge. It's just Obi-Wan Kenobi (the new one, not Sir Alec Guinness) singing with Nicole Kidman the whole time. My wife loves it.
    I wasn't expecting much from Moulin Rouge - actually dreading seeing it with my wife. But I was blown away impressed with that movie. I expected a chick flick (which it was to a degree) but left the theater in awe of whoever made that pic. Pure genius. I'm a fan of art and culture and anything different and creative.

So much was blended into that movie. I could have lived without the love story or Ewan McGregor's singing which was a bit annoying. I just though the whole thing all together was such a jump ahead in creativity from everything else I'd ever seen until that point.

The history, the cinematography, the pace, the costumes, the way 80s pop music was mixed into the musical, the story telling.

It may totally suck now given how the world has changed so fast over the last 10 years, but that was the movie I will always remember seeing and when I left the theater, I was just in awe of how brilliantly done this picture was.

An artistic genius like an Andy Warhol. It was a pivitol movie that I felt would change culture and everything we see for the next 20 years.

I think my wife said she thought I was gay for liking it more than she did. But seriously, I hate chick flicks. And there were some things in this movie that were definitely not intended for men. I just appreciated the artistic interpretation and the creativity.

And I'm a sucker for 80s music