Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movies

Re: Favorite Movies

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I can't find the original Gone in 60 Seconds. Due to it's Christmas season I'll, be watching nothing but Christmas stuff with the wife and two kiddies anyway.

Christmas season falls within my scheme to buy stuff my wife generally doesn't want me to have. Two years ago I wanted to buy a pogo stick and she was afraid I would eventually get hurt so, we didn't buy it. When I took my 8 year old out shopping for her mom/my wife I stopped at Toys R Us and bought the stick. Told my daughter that, mom didn't want me to have it so I'll need to hide it, wrap it and mark on the card from Santa. To this day my daughter thinks we pulled one over on mom.
    Having said all that, Santa will be bringing a lot of guy DVD that, I happened to order from Amazon.

If you guys are waiting for kids toys or stuff to go down in price here's my solution. A couple of times we just didn't have the money for some stuff for the kids but knew it would go on sale after Chrismas day. I would go buy the stuff on sale, wrap it up and stick it in the fireplace or on the roof resting on a gutter.
    This way we can tell the kids, " look, Santa forgot to bring this in or it dropped out of his sled. " They get real excited when we did that a couple of times.
    http://www.gonein60seconds.com/shopping.htm

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

thanks

fordfixer, just got some new movies for Christmas from my wife. I can't remmeber all the John Wayne ones she bought me but one of them is Back to Bataan.

She knows I like Hitchock movies so she got me these two.

Notorious with Cary Grant/Ingrid Bergman/Claud Rains

Anatomy of a Murder with Jimmy Stewart

I'm going to go to work on my camp this weekend, ride some snowmobiles if there is any snow and at night, watch the movies, eat pizza/hot wings and a few beers mixed in with some pepsi so I don't fall a sleep too quickly.

Hey tell your wife that I like John Wayne movies also

My wife got me True Grit

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I'll mention it to her fordfixer.

Do you or anyone know why when I play or try to play certain DVD that, a message comes up on the TV screen that reads, " Can Not be Viewed in your Region "

And it's right, I can't get the movie to play. Anyone familiar with this ?

I got the John Wayne movie McQ and I couldn't even watch it because of that message. She bought the DVD on amazon so, I'll see if she still has the sellers info.

Fordfixer, I did watch Branigan and it was good to see that movie again. I started watching it as a kid and never got to see the ending until now.

Never heard of that one sorry

Molon labe

Legend

a few beers mixed in with some pepsi
    what kind of beer do you mix with your pepsi? that's an odd combo.

pepsi
    diet pepsi
    pepsi max
    cherry pepsi

and now IC Pepsi....

i just might have to try that

When I go to my camp I usually pick up a case of Straub beer since, the make it at their brewery in St. Mary's Pa.
    Straub beer is sugar free by the way and it's not too bad. I'm not a dark beer drinker but, their dark beer is really good.

Legend

When I go to my camp I usually pick up a case of Straub beer since, the make it at their brewery in St. Mary's Pa.
    Straub beer is sugar free by the way and it's not too bad. I'm not a dark beer drinker but, their dark beer is really good.
    Never had a Straub. Guess I'll have to get some to mix with my next Pepsi

I drink the pepsi when the beer starts making me too tired while sitting there watching a movie. Also, pepsi taste better with pizza but, beer taste better to me with hot wings.