Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 3 @ Colts

Backup

User Info Menu

Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 3 @ Colts

1. Early on we got a grim omen when Chris Collinsworth disbelieved the reports of the demise of the Pittsburgh Steelers … if only we’d had paid attention.

Separated at birth

Chris is on the left …

2. Did anyone else break out in a cold sweat when the cameras showed the familiar confines of the scene of “The Tackle”?

3. When the game started I typed the following line: Logic would seem to dictate that if the Steelers can protect the ball they will win.

4. According to Chris and Al, Kerry Collins was writing country music and riding his motorcycle before Indy came calling.

I’ll bet he says that to all the greying QB musicians …

5. It was pretty impressive how loud the oooohhhhhhs were when Polamalu kept almost intercepting the Colts QB (whichever one). And the HEEATH was nice and loud. Then the second quarter happened and everyone was too busy being stunned to make a sound. The wheels can come off in a hurry can’t they?

6. You get a team like the Colts down 10 points … their star QB is out ... they bring in Boxcar Willie to play QB …

Willie is on the left …

They know they are going to lose. They sort of WANT to lose …all the Steelers have to do is protect the ball and play their game.

7. So with 15 seconds left in the first half, Ben mercifully takes a knee and leads the team into the tunnels without trying to do anything else to score some more points …. wait .. for the Steelers right? He WAS supposed to score points for the Steelers?

8. And now … a collection of photos that convey my thoughts on the Steelers chances for the rest of the season:

Everybody got that?

No?

Ok, a couple more then …

9. Oline …. It’s the Oline, stupid. It’s the stupid Oline.

10. With just a little imagination you could see this one coming … Ben has the tendency to hold the ball too long … The Steelers Oline is weak … the Colts have great defensive ends … the Steelers are coming off a Super Bowl season. Face it guys, this is what we have to looks forward to for the rest of the year.

11. Is it me or does EVERY other NFL team have a kicker that can kick-off through the end zone?

12. You know that NBC was loving this. This game was SUPPOSED to suck. Speaking of which …

13. Oh man, did you see the play where the Colts defensive end does a spin move that caused Jonathan Scott to do his own spin move and then the defensive end literally pushes him into Ben as he is still spinning? ...

14. The Steelers knock Kerry out of the game. Normally a backup QB on the opposing team would be a good thing. Especially one that looks like the singer from Nickelback …

But of course, Curtis Painter proceeds to shred the Steelers D ... he clearly is a force of nature.

15. Tomlin totally looks like Foreman.

This is them right?

16. At one point Collinsworth was criticzing Ben for taking a sack and taking the Steelers out of “field goal range” from 40+ yards … I can think of at least one problem I have with that criticism.

17. The Colts were playing inspired football … it was frustrating that it was the Steelers that were inspiring them.

18. The Colts had an effective running game with Chris Painter as their QB. Think about that …

19. Perspective: Yeah, what was that hoo-ha I was talking last week about not over-reacting? As I climb back in from the window sill I take a minute to gather my thoughts … If it is true that the seven turnovers in the first game and the lousy competition in the second render them useless as comparison tools to assess the caliber of this Steelers team, then what do we say about this game? I’d like to say (like the rest of the world) that a Manning-less Colts team is a pathetic shell but the scoreboard begs to differ. I’d like to have faith that the Steelers will get it fixed but three weeks into the season there are some alarming trends. They cannot block, they cannot protect the ball, they cannot generate turnovers.

20. And if you find it necessary to correct Thought #18 ... you've made my point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 3 @ Colts

Man oh man...I was disturbed by the sheer quantity of those pictures...until I got to the Nickelback sucks one...that made it all better.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wanted to say how disturbed I am about the number of crude pictures...but I guess that would be redundant.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice work, as always.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For whatever reason, I couldn't see most of the pics. That said, interesting take.

I like Nickelback and I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't, but that's just me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the one downfall to dominant performances is how bad you end up playing the following week.
    The Bills left nothing on the field against the Pats last week ... don't be surprised if they lay an egg vs. Cincy!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    For whatever reason, I couldn't see most of the pics. That said, interesting take.

If Photograph doesn't make you want to couple skate with your middle school sweetheart
    you have no soul.

Well done Redundantman
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That was some funny sh!t redundant. Thanks for the laugh!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts

If Photograph doesn't make you want to couple skate with your middle school sweetheart
    you have no soul.

Well done Redundantman
    ???

If you were trying to thoroghly confuse me, you've succeeded.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts

you have no soul.

Well done Redundantman
    If "Figured You Out" doesn't make you want to get...err...nevermind...I want that pretty much all the time regardless of whether or not I hear that song.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.