Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My grip on the tomlin train

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My grip on the tomlin train

Is slipping.

We don't show good fundamentals. Our play calling is odd. Maybe some style points would be good once in a while.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: My grip on the tomlin train

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Is slipping.

We don't show good fundamentals. Our play calling is odd. Maybe some style points would be good once in a while.

All I know is IF Ben praises his O-Line after this game, I'm gonna hunt him down and take him out

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan
    Is slipping.

All I know is IF Ben praises his O-Line after this game, I'm gonna hunt him down and take him out
    Just don't take him out to a Georgia bar.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the team's focus is just way off in too many key situations. Isn't that what everyone hypes as a Tomlin specialty...having the team focused and ready?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    the team's focus is just way off in too many key situations. Isn't that what everyone hypes as a Tomlin specialty...having the team focused and ready?
    I think they came up big in a few key situations tonight. The turnovers are what's killing the team more then anything else. They need to stop giving the ball away. They were fortunate to win the game tonight losing the turnover battle.

Backup

User Info Menu

Is slipping.

I hope your grip on the Colbert train is also slipping. This is the worst OL in the NFL that the Steelers have and that is because of Colbert.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is slipping.

Just don't take him out to a Georgia bar.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    I think they came up big in a few key situations tonight. The turnovers are what's killing the team more then anything else. They need to stop giving the ball away. They were fortunate to win the game tonight losing the turnover battle.
    some examples of what I meant...

-Sanders jumping over a guy who just made an interception

-Jon Scott starting to run towards a loose football, then slowing up and deciding he wants nothing to do with stopping the guy who is about to pick it up. AFTER HE CAUSED THE FUMBLE!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    Is slipping.

I hope your grip on the Colbert train is also slipping. This is the worst OL in the NFL that the Steelers have and that is because of Colbert.
    Pretty stupid comment. When we had a pick high enough to draft a lineman actually worth drafting in the first round we did with Pouncey. The Steelers don't reach and in my opinion aren't going to draft a first round lineman just for the sake of drafting a first round lineman. They go BPA and always have and we've never had picks high enough to warrant going o-line early. Most of the time the desirable lineman are off the board well before our selections. The problem is because of Ben we go further than we probably should with that offensive line. If you put Brady behind that line in our system he's on his ass ALL THE TIME. It's a double edged sword. I'd guess we'll be calling Flozell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is slipping.

Well, you better get your hunting gear on, he did an on the field interview and praised the O-line for hangin in there and doing a good job.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama