Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CB McFadden looks to be out for Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

CB McFadden looks to be out for Steelers

CB McFadden looks to be out for Steelers

By Mark Kaboly and Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Friday, September 23, 2011

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_758302.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 58302.html[/url]

It appears cornerback Bryant McFadden won't start Sunday because of a nagging hamstring injury.

Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said he anticipates the Steelers starting the same secondary against the Indianapolis Colts as they did against the Seattle Seahawks.

That means William Gay will get the call at cornerback opposite Ike Taylor even if McFadden suits up.

"I think it's a reflection of his health right now," LeBeau said when asked why McFadden wouldn't start.

>> Starting defensive end Brett Keisel (knee) didn't practice for the second straight day, and he is unlikely to play against the Colts. Center Maurkice Pouncey (hamstring) and running back Jonathan Dwyer (shoulder) practiced Thursday after being limited the day before. Receiver Jerricho Cotchery, who has missed the first two games because of a hamstring injury, practiced for a second consecutive day. The Steelers will likely dress six receivers against the Colts if Cotchery can play.

>> Starting right guard Doug Legursky has been fined $10,000 for a clipping penalty last Sunday. He said he plans to appeal. Seattle defensive end Raheem Brock was fined $15,000 for hitting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the lower right leg. He wrote on Twitter that he was blocked into Roethlisberger. Right tackle Marcus Gilbert, who blocked Brock on the play, said that wasn't the case.

"It was very intentional that he hit him down in the legs," Gilbert said. "It was a dive. That's the way we saw it. That's how we looked at it, and that's how the NFL looked at it."

>> Defensive end Dwight Freeney (abdomen), linebacker Gary Brackett (shoulder), strong safety Melvin Bullitt (shoulder), right guard Ryan Diem (ankle) and defensive tackle Fili Moala (ankle) are among the Colts starters who have not practiced this week because of injuries. Tight end Dallas Clark practiced yesterday on a limited basis.

Read more: CB McFadden looks to be out for Steelers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review [url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_758302.html#ixzz1YkVM8czd"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1YkVM8czd[/url]

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: CB McFadden looks to be out for Steelers

B-Mac being out is yesterdays news. It was announced yesterday by Tomlin. But, I wonder why K.Lewis is not starting over G@y ? He has more size and speed. If Lewis is doing as well as all the coaches have said, why isn't he starting ?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan
    B-Mac being out is yesterdays news. It was announced yesterday by Tomlin. But, I wonder why K.Lewis is not starting over G@y ? He has more size and speed. If Lewis is doing as well as all the coaches have said, why isn't he starting ?
    Thats easy, Gay has more experience and is more highly regarded by the coaches than on this board. Lewis certainly hasn't proven he is better.
    Some people subscribe to a permanent stasis of wishful thinking. They like to believe the world is made of marshmallows and filled with butterflies. I don't.

Legend

User Info Menu

since Willie Gay started against the Seahawks and actually played reasonably well he will remain the starter opposite Ike.

like it or not, until Keenan Lewis or someone else steps up and proves that they are a better option at CB than Gay then Willie will continue to start.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Starting right guard Doug Legursky has been fined $10,000 for a clipping penalty last Sunday. He said he plans to appeal.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    since Willie Gay started against the Seahawks and actually played reasonably well he will remain the starter opposite Ike.

like it or not, until Keenan Lewis or someone else steps up and proves that they are a better option at CB than Gay then Willie will continue to start.
    true gay didnt get picked on last week like he normally does but it was against the worst qb and the worst offense in the nfl. youre right though lewis hasnt proven anything yet. i really hope lewis develops into a good player. it would be nice for someone to knock gay or bmac out of the starting lineup

Legend

User Info Menu

When the Steelers go to the nickel, which they do pretty frequently, Lewis is going to play, with Gay sliding inside.

I wonder if the Steelers will use Ike Taylor to shaddow Reggie Wayne, or if they'll keep him on a side, which would have Wayne matched up against Gay and Lewis. I'd prefer to see them have Ike follow Wayne. The Cots other receivers are ok, but not particularly scary.

Edit: After reading the rest of the board today, it looks like Ike will shadow Wayne.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not too worried about the D in this game. The O on the otherhand scares the bejesus out of me. What is the over/under on the number of times Freeney will clean Ben's clock? I truly fear for Ben's health in this game.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Are you freakin' kidding me? Gay is really going to get the start?

Come on Lebeau/Tomlin --- Grow a pair and start one of these young guys. You know what to expect from Gay and that is....

Getting toasted by a #2 WR. He can't cover a #2 and he never will.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Are you freakin' kidding me? Gay is really going to get the start?

Come on Lebeau/Tomlin --- Grow a pair and start one of these young guys. You know what to expect from Gay and that is....

Getting toasted by a #2 WR. He can't cover a #2 and he never will.
    Except against Seattle...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.