Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - I'm calling out this board

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: OT - I'm calling out this board

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I haven't been as active as I have been in years past, but in my lurking I have found that the inability to agree to disagree, something this board was known for, is quickly disolving.

Please re-engage and contribute to better discussion. You always did in the past.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    I haven't been as active as I have been in years past, but in my lurking I have found that the inability to agree to disagree, something this board was known for, is quickly disolving.

Thanks.

Dispite my very clever contributions to the joking going on in this thread, the reality of what I said remains. It bugs. I don't want this board to become like some of the others.
    Im with proudpittsburgher here on this one.

So basically Djfan...you dont want the differing opinions or the right to question anything that the Steelers do? You want us all to be in one accord and keep this forum nice and positive when it comes to the Steelers?? We can't speak our minds but only when it comes to praising our beloved Steelers?

Wow...is that really what you want?

Doesnt seem like a very good discussion forum if you ask me.

But what do I know?? I have a different opinion sometimes.
    I think this is a call for respectful disagreement. If there was no disagreement, then there would be little point to a discussion board.

Difference of opinion, when well supported, makes for a living discussion. And Dee Dub, we don't always agree, but I always respect the perspective that you bring

And I don't mean to speak for DJ, but at least for me, it is disappointing when disagreements turn personal, or when posting goes from discussing a topic to agenda based posting. And I acknowledge that I probably contribute to some of this from time to time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    And I don't mean to speak for DJ, but at least for me, it is disappointing when disagreements turn personal, or when posting goes from discussing a topic to agenda based posting.
    You spoke for me quite well!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    Not even close. I'm calling out the name calling, the belittleing, the stupid
    There is basically one person doing this on almost everyone of his posts.
    If you disagree with insanesteelers fan, you are belittled called clueless,an idiot or something else.
    I know people like this should be ignored, but I think the mods should really warn this guy.
    Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions & we know everyone has one.....
    I formally warned him last week. Pappy warned him again today. That's two strikes. If he doesn't get it now, he'll be gone sooner rather than later. It's up to him if he wishes to join in with the community here, or if he would prefer to go to one of the numerous other Steeler forums where that style of posting is more welcomed (and there are several of those to choose from).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ok then I misunderstood. My apologies Djfan. Thanks for getting me straight phillyesq.

And I do agree about the personal attacks needing to go away.

Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

Thanks.

Dispite my very clever contributions to the joking going on in this thread, the reality of what I said remains. It bugs. I don't want this board to become like some of the others.
    Im with proudpittsburgher here on this one.

So basically Djfan...you dont want the differing opinions or the right to question anything that the Steelers do? You want us all to be in one accord and keep this forum nice and positive when it comes to the Steelers?? We can't speak our minds but only when it comes to praising our beloved Steelers?

Wow...is that really what you want?

Doesnt seem like a very good discussion forum if you ask me.

But what do I know?? I have a different opinion sometimes.
    Not even close. I'm calling out the name calling, the belittleing, the stupid. Disagree all you want. I've learned much from others, and I bet that is true for others here. I just hope it gets handled in a non-middle school manner more often than I have seen lately.
    Agreed… the name calling is a bit amateurish. And, I also want to call out Hawaiiansteel for having the audacity to reside in Hawaii. The thought of him surfing and catching blue marlin all day while leering at scantily clad beach women is a bit much!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok then I misunderstood. My apologies Djfan. Thanks for getting me straight phillyesq.

And I do agree about the personal attacks needing to go away.

No problems on this end. But thanks for the thoughts.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    Agreed… the name calling is a bit amateurish. And, I also want to call out Hawaiiansteel for having the audacity to reside in Hawaii. The thought of him surfing and catching blue marlin all day while leering at scantily clad beach women is a bit much!!
    you forgot golfing...I'm obviously not as good as insane but I'm not too bad

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks for the call-out and willingness to stand on principle DJ. I respect that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Thanks for the call-out and willingness to stand on principle DJ. I respect that.

Thank you Sir.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)