Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone just see the Dunta Robinson hit on Maclin ?

Starter

User Info Menu

Did anyone just see the Dunta Robinson hit on Maclin ?

Man, talk about a direct, no doubt about it CHEAP shot with his helmet. Robinson was fined last season for the exact same thing. He was fined 50,000 last year, reduced to 25,000 after his appeal. Now, there is NO DOUBT in my opinion that Robinson better get at least a 100,000 dollar fine for this hit tonight. Cause it was MORE Clearly obvious then ANYTHING Harrison has ever done. Lets see how Goodell handles this one.

( p.s, I thought I would finally correct my error )

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Did anyone just see the Daunte Robinson hit on Jackson ?

I saw it and it was a CHEAP shot. The guy should be fined AND suspended. No excuse for that.

Legend

User Info Menu

I saw it. Ugly play. The guy should be suspended. Launched himself, head leading, arms never came up.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, that was worthy of more than just a fine.

This game is brutal tonight.

Legend

User Info Menu

the Dunta Robinson hit on DeSean Jackson happened last year, this one was on Jeremy Maclin...

Dunta Robinson can expect a big fine, at least

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 18, 2011

When Dunta Robinson nearly beheaded DeSean Jackson last year, he was fined $25,000 by the league for a helmet-to-helmet hit. (It was originally $50,000, but reduced by the league.)

Expect Robinson to get another hefty fine after a helmet-to-helmet hit against Jeremy Maclin on Sunday night.

Maclin didn’t miss a lot of time, but that shouldn’t change the punishment. It was a textbook helmet-to-helmet head hunting hit. It wouldn’t be a shock if a suspension is at least considered because Robinson is a repeat offender.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/18/dunta-robinson-can-expect-a-big-fine-at-least/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -at-least/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Brutal. He'll get a one game suspension and deserve it.

Backup

User Info Menu

was an ugly hit , i think he lowered his head and had it to side of body but the top of helmet got under the chin. Vicious hit but not sure about intentional. Really talking about inches here of a good hit like ive seen Clark do many times.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler
    was an ugly hit , i think he lowered his head and had it to side of body but the top of helmet got under the chin. Vicious hit but not sure about intentional. Really talking about inches here of a good hit like ive seen Clark do many times.
    To cite Clark is no defense.

A bunch of those big hits Clark had in years past are illegal today. Many were intentional, but legal at the time.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Just watched it for the first time. It seems that the hit was prepared seconds before it was delivered. At that point it was impossible to stop IMO. While I hope the situation is OK for the players, I miss the days where that was just man-type football.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that this was a hit worthy of a penalty, and a fine, but this did not look like a "cheap shot". He looked like he tried to hit with his shoulder and his helmet made contact first.

To me, a cheap shot is more like the Merriweather hit from last year where he changed his direction in order to jump up and hit him H2H. This was not that same kind of deliberate hit.

Penalty - yes
    Fine - yes
    Suspension - no