Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Impressed ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who Impressed ?

As always Ike showed why he got the new contract.
    Troy should have had a pick six and he seems to be getting into form.
    Despite the Seahawks not being good, it's still tough to shut out a team.
    Harrison seemed to have more presence.
    Kiesel did well.
    I'm starting to notice McCleddon and he seems to find the quarterback each game.
    Mendy did well and gave that offense the nucleus it needed.
    Wallace to me has some good hands and manages to get open.
    Was it Brown or Saunders doing well on the returns.

If our offensive line could just be average, there would be no stopping us.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Re: Who Impressed ?

Ike Taylor is on fire! Impressive!

Good to see Redman getting more of the ball too!

Legend

User Info Menu

I missed the game...

Did Farrior see reduced reps again?
    Did the Steelers run any no huddle?
    Did the Steelers have consistent pressure on the quarterback? (I know there were 5 sacks)
    When did Ben (and other starters) exit the game? If at all.
    Who started in the secondary?

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace is now the complete package. DBs playing 6-7 yards off of him, opening up the shorter stuff. He is showing he is dangerous everywhere on the field, in every situation. If Wallace stays healthy, he is going to be very special...like top 3 WR in the game special.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I missed the game...

Did the Steelers have consistent pressure on the quarterback? (I know there were 5 sacks)

Pappy
    There was a lot of Foote again.

They ran some no huddle on the scoring drive that ended in the Wallace TD. Looked like the first time in the game we were really getting in a rhythm and pressing the tempo of the game. I'd like to see us use this more often.

No pressure whatsoever until the 4th quarter when the game was over. We were rushing 3-4 guys and couldn't do anything against a very young and inexperienced line. On the flip side, we couldn't block when Seattle was rushing 3. I'm hoping the OLine issue are more communication and mental errors at this point. The D side of the ball is what scares me more about this team.

Ben played the whole game except when he got hit in the knee and came out for 2 plays.

Gay and Ike were the starting DBs.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I missed the game...

Pappy

They ran some no huddle on the scoring drive that ended in the Wallace TD. Looked like the first time in the game we were really getting in a rhythm and pressing the tempo of the game. I'd like to see us use this more often.

No pressure whatsoever until the 4th quarter when the game was over. We were rushing 3-4 guys and couldn't do anything against a very young and inexperienced line. On the flip side, we couldn't block when Seattle was rushing 3. I'm hoping the OLine issue are more communication and mental errors at this point. The D side of the ball is what scares me more about this team.

Ben played the whole game except when he got hit in the knee and came out for 2 plays.

The Steelers no-huddle is slowwwww. Get to the line, get set and hike the ball. Why waste time??? Pisses me off when the clock rolls down to 2 seconds before the ball is snapped. Defense know when the ball will be snapped EVERY single time. Becuase The Steelers do not snap the ball before anything less than 5 seconds. Mix it up already...
    GEEZ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I missed the game...

Pappy

The Steelers no-huddle is slowwwww. Get to the line, get set and hike the ball. Why waste time??? Pisses me off when the clock rolls down to 2 seconds before the ball is snapped. Defense know when the ball will be snapped EVERY single time. Becuase The Steelers do not snap the ball before anything less than 5 seconds. Mix it up already...
    GEEZ...
    We're saving that for the playoffs. Along with our blitz.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've noticed the "not snapping the ball till the clock hits 2" also. I agree that TOP is a factor in winning and losing games but typically the dominant team is the one that has the better TOP. Not always of course.

I'm not the only person on this board that wants our D to just destroy people and leave them never wanting to play Pittsburgh again, ever. But we did shut these guys out, we did have five sacks. Seattle may be in for a rough season but they are still an NFL team.

I'll take that as a nice little stepping stone from last week.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

1. Mike Wallace. His catch of the deep ball was the most spectacular play of the game. The rest of his day was pretty good too. I will say the corner who played against him was absolutely terrible.

2. Antonio Brown. He had a great punt return on which he showed patience, vision, burst, and shiftiness. He also had some very nice catches. He needs to play more.

3. Ike Taylor. Like many have said, he had tight coverage all afternoon.

4. Skip McClendon. He only saw a few snaps in garbage time (that I noticed). But, he is a good pass rusher and he needs to see the field more. McClendon has a combination of size, quickness, and flexibility that few of our linemen possess. Aaron Smith needs to come out in the nickel. He is too stiff and old to apply much pressure. The only time I saw him penetrate was when the Seahawks forgot to block him.

5. Casey Hampton. I really thought he played well last week as well (too bad no one around him did as well). He continues to anchor well and disrupt the ground game. He will be difficult to replace.

6. Larry Foote. He saw quite a few snaps. He tackled well and showed fanastic anticipation.

7. Isaac Redman. There wasn't much room to run. But, he continues to impress me. The first man never gets him. He is very slippery. If he had an elite burst, he'd have unlimited potential. He also showed nice hands in snatching a poorly thrown ball. He can also be effective in blitz pickup.

8. Ramon Foster. This guy never gets any love. I saw him get blown up a few times. But, his pass blocking was decent and he had a created a few great holes. All in all, it was about as good (if not better) than Kemo.

9. Heath Miller. Excellent work in the trenches.

10. Keenan Lewis. Okay. Maybe this is a stretch. But, I thought he had nice coverage in the nickel and dime packages. Along with Ike he gives us another physical corner who can run.

11. Most of the rest of the D. Virtually everyone who played did well. Willie Gay included. Shutouts aren't easy. The Seahawks were absolutely awful. But, the Steelers were also very good.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ramon Foster, he played better than I remember him playing in the past. I noticed a couple of nice blocks throughout the day in the running game.