Thread: Perspective on this loss to the hated Ravens

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Perspective on this loss to the hated Ravens

Keep in mind... there is ONE team in the NFL purpose built to beat the Steelers. That's the Baltimore Ravens. They finally did it when Ben was playing. Big whoop.

Other items to help keep the perspective:
    -This was so much more important to them.
    -First game of the season with a lot of vets who didn't get their normal amount of prepwork.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Perspective on this loss to the hated Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Keep in mind... there is ONE team in the NFL purpose built to beat the Steelers. That's the Baltimore Ravens. They finally did it when Ben was playing. Big whoop.

-First game of the season with a lot of vets who didn't get their normal amount of prepwork.
    I'd say the Packers, Saints and Pats are built to beat us too (though not intentionally).

Our vets shouldn't need the prep work. That was supposed to be OUR advantage.

Look, I'm not panicked, but saying that this is more important to the Ravens and they are built to beat us is not a consolation; it is a cause for concern.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Perspective on this loss to the hated Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII

I'd say the Packers, Saints and Pats are built to beat us too (though not intentionally).

Our vets shouldn't need the prep work. That was supposed to be OUR advantage.

Look, I'm not panicked, but saying that this is more important to the Ravens and they are built to beat us is not a consolation; it is a cause for concern.

The whole game was cause for concern, but honestly, I'm not worried. If the team doesn't rebound and start taking it seriously I will worry.